X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dchimpy
    • Dec 14, 2008

Replacement Parts

Hi,

It's been a while since I've posted so please forgive me if I'm posting this in the wrong place. I'm looking for some replacement parts, specifically string to restring my Corneilius and my 8" Hulk, a green replacement pin for my 8" Hulk's left elbow, and a few snaps so that i can repair outfits for my 8" Thor and Spidey. I've seen several sites reference here, like docmego, classictvtoys, and came across worldsgreatestsuperheroes.com where parts can be purchased. Is any one site more reliable/reputable than the others, or does any one respond quicker than the others? I've used docmego once before a while back to get a replacement hammer for Thor, but i don't think he sells the snaps or green pin I need. Any guidance on this would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
    Last edited by dchimpy; Feb 17, '21, 2:43 PM.
  • apes3978
    Permanent Member
    • Nov 19, 2005

I buy the elastic ("string") to restring figures from Walmart, although any place like Hobby Lobby, Michael's, Joanne Fabrics and the like should also have it available.

The hobby/fabric stores *might* also carry the type of snaps you're looking for to repair the outfits-I've never actually looked for them at any of those stores, but it'd be a good place to start anyway. If you have an outfit lying around with the metal snaps like Mego used, I would maybe bring it in to the store so you could show the associate exactly what you're looking for and they'd be able to steer you in the right direction.

I've never purchased anything from CTVT, but have purchased from Doc Mego and had good luck with him. Doc does have replacement pins available:

Since a few of them listed on this page don't have a picture, you might want to email him and ask which would work for your Hulk arm.
    Last edited by apes3978; Feb 17, '21, 11:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎