• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wee67
    Museum Correspondent
    • Apr 2, 2002

Wonder Girl’ DC Series Not Moving Forward at the CW

And now... no.

"Wish I could've shared the world I created, but unfortunately it wasn't meant to be," tweeted writer and EP Dailyn Rodriguez.

The CW’s “Wonder Girl,” based on the DC character created by Joëlle Jones, is no longer moving forward at the network. Greg Berlanti had been on board to executive produce.

“I was very proud of the script I wrote,” tweeted writer and executive producer Dailyn Rodriguez on Friday. “Wish I could’ve shared the world I created, but unfortunately it wasn’t meant to be. Thanks for everyone’s enthusiasm. It meant a lot to me.”

The prospective one-hour drama centered on Latina Dreamer Yara Flor, born to an Amazonian warrior and Brazilian river god. Rodriguez previously served as showrunner on several seasons of USA Network’s “Queen of the South” and has worked on “The Night Shift,” “The Glade,” “Lie to Me,” “Ugly Betty,” and other series. Alongside Berlanti, Sarah Schechter and David Madden had been set to produce for Berlanti Productions in association with Warner Bros. Television.

The CW has thus far placed several orders for the 2021-2022 TV season, including pilot orders for a live-action version of “Powerpuff Girls,” DC project “Naomi” from Ava DuVernay and Jill Blankenship, and an untitled religious dramedy from Claire Rothrock and Ryann Weir. A reboot of USA Network’s “The 4400” has been picked up straight to series.
    WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

Is DC Future State already losing steam?
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
      Moderation Engineer
      • Aug 14, 2003

Disappointing. I've been trying really hard to make myself like what's left of the Arrowverse, and I haven't been able to get over the hump. I'm giving Flash one more shot when it comes back, otherwise I'm looking to other DC things. I like Titans and Doom Patrol.

Comment

• Wee67
        Museum Correspondent
        • Apr 2, 2002

Originally posted by EMCE Hammer
        Disappointing. I've been trying really hard to make myself like what's left of the Arrowverse, and I haven't been able to get over the hump. I'm giving Flash one more shot when it comes back, otherwise I'm looking to other DC things. I like Titans and Doom Patrol.
        Same. I did enjoy Stargirl but I think that's only because I have no attachment to or real knowledge of the source material. Even that, however, began to wear thin.
        WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• Hector
          el Hombre de Acero
          • May 19, 2003

If they cancel the entire CW network, that would be even better...

sigpic

Comment

• Brue
            User without title
            • Sep 29, 2005

Originally posted by EMCE Hammer
            I kinda fizzled out on Arrowverse. I loved it, then liked it, then tolerated it, then just stopped. I'll probably watch some again after a break.

I just Binged Titans last month. I loved season one. Season 2 left me flat - and speaking of Wondergirl -what a dumb ending.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

Crisis gave me a perfect opportunity to drop out of the CWverse. I haven't looked back. Honestly the formulaic "character makes stupid decision, wrestles with it for an hour, learns lesson, then next week does it again" stuff got really old. I can't believe there would ever be a time I'd shrug off a Flash TV show, and one I used to love, but hey, here we are.

Chris
              sigpic

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                Moderation Engineer
                • Aug 14, 2003

Originally posted by Wee67
                Same. I did enjoy Stargirl but I think that's only because I have no attachment to or real knowledge of the source material. Even that, however, began to wear thin.
                I forgot about Stargirl, she's still in rotation for us. I haven't really been thinking of her as part of the Arrowverse even though I know she is. With both Shade and JWS Flash coming next season I'll be watching.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                  Verbose Member
                  • Mar 7, 2004

Superman and Lois pulled me back in, but so far there is no mention of connecting to the CW Arrowverse, and timeline-wise, I'm not even sure how it does. Is Superman and Lois set in the Arrowverse's future, since the kids are mid-teens?

I don't really care. I'd just as soon as let the shows stand on their own from this point on.

Chris
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎