X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mikey
    Verbose Member
    • Aug 9, 2001

Bob Evans vs Jimmy Dean sausage

Just had a store-bought frozen Bob Evans sausage biscuit with egg and cheese vs a Jimmy Dean sandwich (the same).

Bob Evans was total sheet … Egg reminded me of a used engine gasket and sausage patty was thinner than a …(I dunno, but you get the picture… )

Jimmy Dean RULES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • J.B.
    Guild Navigator
    • Jun 23, 2010

I really like the Jimmy Dean ones. Never heard of Bob Evans Sausage.
    You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

• monitor_ep
      Talkative Member
      • May 11, 2013

Aw the debate:

Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwich.jpgBob Evans breakfeast sandwich.jpg

I prefer the Eggwich's from Jimmy Dean:
      eggwich.jpg
      Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• enyawd72
        Maker of Monsters!
        • Oct 1, 2009

Jimmy Dean has the best roll sausage...I've got two in the fridge right now. Not only is the seasoning better, it's a better grind and cut of pork and is less greasy.

Bob Evans is very coarse ground by comparison...lots of gristle bits in it too.

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

^ I agree. JD is excellent for making gravy, too.

BE has declined in quality since the brand was sold. I actually meet Bob Evans at his family farm in Rio Grande, Ohio when I was a child.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Hector
            el Hombre de Acero
            • May 19, 2003

Jimmy Dean sausage is great, but I hate those frozen sandwiches. Just cook your own fresh eggs and toast or bake non-frozen biscuit (I prefer English muffins), and then pan seared the sausage, you’d get a vastly superior meal.
            sigpic

Comment

• warlock664
              Persistent Member
              • Feb 15, 2009

Dammit, Hector, not everyone is a gourmet chef like you !!

Comment

• Hector
                el Hombre de Acero
                • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by warlock664
                Dammit, Hector, not everyone is a gourmet chef like you !!

I mean, frozen sausage is cool, you can pan-sear it just fine. But cooking eggs is so easy, fast, inexpensive, and just tastes better. Frozen bread is the worse. A bag of English Muffins is so much better, place them in toaster, awesome. I believe those frozen sandwiches are placed in the microwave, well, microwaves are breads worst enemy unless you like your breads rubbery. As far as biscuits are concerned, I’m not talking about making them from scratch, just use Pillsbury Doughboy, it’s so easy and they taste awesome fresh outta the oven.

sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                  el Hombre de Acero
                  • May 19, 2003

BTW, I just made Detroit Style Pizza yesterday, mmm, so yummy...

sigpic

Comment

• mike69
                    Museum Super Collector
                    • May 4, 2011

Jimmy Deans is the best for frozen egg and sausage biscuits. I do however like Bob Evans breakfast burritos.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

I don't disagree--of course fresh eggs ae delightful--and I don't know when you go to work, but I don't have time for all that on a weekday morning.
                      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• monitor_ep
                        Talkative Member
                        • May 11, 2013

Before Covid when I had to work with my Father I had to resort to frozen breakfast, that is why I went with the Eggwiichs. They turned out good. Now that my boyfriend & I have plenty of time we enjoy eating fresh made meals.
                        Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• J.B.
                          Guild Navigator
                          • Jun 23, 2010

Originally posted by Hector
                          Jimmy Dean sausage is great, but I hate those frozen sandwiches. Just cook your own fresh eggs and toast or bake non-frozen biscuit (I prefer English muffins), and then pan seared the sausage, you’d get a vastly superior meal.
                          Never tried the frozen items, just the fresh sausage. Love their Regular, Sage and Country Mild. Next to some Eggiwegs on my plate, and I'm in Heaven.
                          You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

• Hector
                            el Hombre de Acero
                            • May 19, 2003

Another tidbit from yours truly. I’m not an everyday conventional breakfast type of guy. I only have one good sized yummy breakfast on Sunday’s.

My everyday morning go to grub is a protein shake: Whey powder, non-fat milk (Lactaid is my fave), a fresh banana, and frozen fruits like strawberries, blueberries, etc. That charges me up until lunch time.

sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                              el Hombre de Acero
                              • May 19, 2003

This is my favorite whey powder...Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein Powder, Vanilla Ice Cream...

I know, I know, yet another thread detour once again, from breakfast sandwiches to protein powder...

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎