• Show
Clear All
  • Brue
    User without title
    • Sep 29, 2005

Originally posted by PNGwynne
    Superman is #26 for you? Wow.
    For its time it was AMAZING!!!

It has not aged as well as one might think.

Don't get me wrong - I still LOVE it.
    Why put 2 higher? Kryptonian villains. No earth spinning. It suffiently sums up 1 in the beginning. Less time to get to the action.

Comment

• Brue
      User without title
      • Sep 29, 2005

Originally posted by sprytel
      So out of the 115 best/worst that Brue posted, I have not seen 47 of them (35/100 of the best 12/15 of the worst). I feel like I need to turn in my "nerd" card.

Sounds like you have a COVID binge assignment (unless they are in the 15 worst)

Comment

• Brue
        User without title
        • Sep 29, 2005

Originally posted by Mr.Marion
        I still think you can't be a comic book film connoisseur if you don't list Danger Diabolik. Alot of movies like Ghost Rider are largely forgettable. But Diabolik had a visual style that was borrowed for 40 years.
        Seeing Superman listed at #26 also doesn't sit right with me.
        You and PNGwyne are of one mind.

I have not seen Danger Diabolik. I'll see if it is streaming.

Comment

• Brue
          User without title
          • Sep 29, 2005

Originally posted by Werewolf
          TMNT comics predate the cartoon by three years.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles premiered in May 1984
          Animated series premier December 1987

I stand corrected.

I thought they were a Toy/TV tie in prior to being a comic.

I had them in my list before being errantly removed for non comic origin.
          Sue me. I read comics in the 70's and 90's. I skipped the 80's and haven't in the 21st century.

There are now 102 in the list because I inserted Turtles that I overlooked before.
          Last edited by Brue; Feb 15, '21, 2:50 PM.

Comment

• Werewolf
            Inhuman
            • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Brue
            I had them in my list before being errantly removed for non comic origin.
            Sue me. I read comics in the 70's and 90's.
            No harm done.

What about Doc Savage? I've never seen it and from what I've read it's sort of Batman 66 campy.
            You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

Doc Savage is campy but fun. In truth, some of the pulps are outre.
              Last edited by PNGwynne; Feb 15, '21, 3:58 PM.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

Diabolik is prob. in my top ten, Brue.

For DD, I hope your'e referring to the Director's Cut.

And Superman has aged just fine. If you can overlook mylar S-shields and Krypto-zapping, you can overlook time manipulation. ;-)
                Last edited by PNGwynne; Feb 15, '21, 3:54 PM.
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                  Verbose Member
                  • Mar 7, 2004

I was part of a podcast where we did a bracket battle of super hero films. It nearly ended several friendships, so I really don't participate in such things anymore. But you folks have fun. Please carry on.

Chris
                  sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

Aww, I'm just kibitzing. If I see you all at MegoMeet, we'll be chums.
                    Last edited by PNGwynne; Feb 15, '21, 4:17 PM.

Comment

• Mr.Marion
                      Permanent Member
                      • Sep 15, 2014

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                      Diabolik is prob. in my top ten, Brue.

And Superman has aged just fine. If you can overlook mylar S-shields and Krypto-zapping, you can overlook time manipulation. ;-)
                      Without question, one of the grooviest films ever made everything from Austin Powers to Speed Racer took something from that movie. Yes a bigger budget would have cleaned up some technical mistakes but I like it the way Bava made it. The batcave from BVS reminded me of Diabolik's lair even though its not exactly the same.

Comment

• Brue
                        User without title
                        • Sep 29, 2005

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                        I was part of a podcast where we did a bracket battle of super hero films. It nearly ended several friendships, so I really don't participate in such things anymore. But you folks have fun. Please carry on.

Chris
                        I vehemently disagree with your position on this. We are no longer friends.

Comment

• Jorge Galvan
                          Career Member
                          • Jun 8, 2015

So the Spy Smasher, Captain Marvel and Batman serials from the 40's don't qualify.

Comment

• Hector
                            el Hombre de Acero
                            • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris

Chris
                            I think you might be overreacting just a tad, given that no one here has really gone MMA yet, lol.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                              el Hombre de Acero
                              • May 19, 2003

I love Superman 78, love it. I never judge as to how a film has aged or not. In that case, all Megoheads here should throw their little action-figures into the garbage bin because to most young kids nowadays, they are ancient and god-awful looking, lol. Nostalgia always trumps anything and everything. That’s why we are all here.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Brue
                                User without title
                                • Sep 29, 2005

Originally posted by Jorge Galvan

So the Spy Smasher, Captain Marvel and Batman serials from the 40's don't qualify.
                                Serials are not feature films. They were basically TV before TVs were a household standard.

I wrote 1952 - simply because Superman was the first feature film that I could tonic of.

Superman and the Mole Men was intentionally given a 60 minute runtime to be classified as a movie.

Even if I counted them none would make the top 100 for me.

But Captain America would top the worst of list.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎