Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just Curious, does anyone still get a Phone Book/Yellow Pages??????

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jorge Galvan
    Career Member
    • Jun 8, 2015

Just Curious, does anyone still get a Phone Book/Yellow Pages??????

I have one here and its from 2018. I really don't need one myself, but looking at it makes me wonder if anyone still gets one or is it a special order thing now or
    the hell with it, use your computer/phone/imagination!!!
  • apes3978
    Permanent Member
    • Nov 19, 2005

I received a Yellowbook last Fall. (The Yellowbook being just the Yellow pages, along with a section of White pages alphabetically listing businesses in the surrounding area, no home phone numbers listed.)

The unusual thing with this compared to the past is this one was delivered in the regular mail, not just tossed on the porch by whoever was hired to deliver them...

Comment

• mike69
      Museum Super Collector
      • May 4, 2011

Yes. I just got one the other day. It's a lot smaller than the ones we used to get.

Comment

• Mikey
        Verbose Member
        • Aug 9, 2001

I get one every year -- goes straight from my PO box into the post office trash bin

Printing them is a waste of paper nowadays

Comment

• RonnyG
          Career Member
          • Apr 23, 2014

No, I don't get phonebooks anymore, but I do still have my old Beverly Hills/Los Angeles West phone book from 1991!!!! I'm sure it's useless by now. Haven't opened it in years, but reading this thread prompted me to get it down to see if my name and phone number were listed inside, and yes, my name and number is listed-- including my old home address! That's probably why I've kept it so long. I was born and raised in the mid-West, and always dreamed of moving to California, so it has sentimental meaning to me.
          Last edited by RonnyG; Feb 14, '21, 10:52 PM.

Comment

• Mikey
            Verbose Member
            • Aug 9, 2001

Originally posted by RonnyG
            ............… I do still have my old Beverly Hills/Los Angeles West phone book from 1991.........…
            Can you PM me Jane Russel's phone number ?

I know she's most likely dead by now but still would like to thank her for sharing her TALENT with the world

Comment

• RonnyG
              Career Member
              • Apr 23, 2014

Originally posted by Mikey
              Can you PM me Jane Russel's phone number ?

I know she's most likely dead by now but still would like to thank her for sharing her TALENT with the world
              LOL I appreciate your sarcasm, but my hoarding is a serious problem. That reminds me of the old Twilight Zone episode where the old lady kept getting "crank" phone calls in the middle of the night. Turns out, there had been a thunderstorm the night before, and one of the telephone wires landed in her husband's grave!

Comment

• B-Lister
                Eccentric Weirdo
                • Mar 19, 2010

Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎