X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SeattleEd
    SynthoRes Transmigrator
    • Oct 24, 2007

Hector,

You and I are on the same page. Agreed 101% on this. I've always equated DC with graphic novels ever since Dark Knight Returns and even when the 1989 Batman movie was released I was hoping for it to be very graphic novel style and even Bob Kane at a Hollywood Comic Con mentioned the movie will not disappoint as it is very violent. After seeing the movie, it wasn't graphic enough for me. A bit more camp and not twisted enough as well.
    After seeing SCJL, I was content with the graphic and I hope that Warner Bros. continues this trend to go the opposite the path of Disney.

As for kids these days, my tweens and their friends play an 8bit game about being a serial killer and there is dismemberment. Also, with the big trend of slasher and horror thriller films these days, SCJL looks like a Mr Rogers episode.

As for the Aspect Ratio of the movie, I loved the feel of it. Did not bother me one bit.

Bottom line, watch what you like or you do you.

Originally posted by Hector
    The thing though is why Wonder Woman gets the too violent criticism but not the Falcon and the Winter Soldier? I swear, there were more human death counts in that 45 minutes long episode than the entire JL movie, lol.

Wonder Woman had no choice, her scenario happens in seconds, she has to neutralize countless murdering bad guys in mere seconds, no time to be nice. I jumped outta my seat when she bracelet blasted the leader, that was so awesome. I felt zero pity for any of the bad guys, they were about to murder god knows how many more people, including children. Thank you Diana, you are so awesome.

This movie is not for kids, they should watch their own G-rated stuff. There are tons of other choices for them. They all play video games that make Snyders Cut look like a Charlie Brown special, lol. The Snyder Cut is for adults. The DC Trinity superheroes were created starting in 1938. Kids can have their Teletubbies.

Avengers Infinity War, while near bloodless, had 50% of all living things in the universe killed. Why is that any better? Lack of blood? To me being disintegrated into cosmic dust nothingness is just as terrifying, if not more, lol.

Comment

• Hector
      el Hombre de Acero
      • May 19, 2003

Amen, brother! ^^^^^^^

sigpic

Comment

• Hector
        el Hombre de Acero
        • May 19, 2003

Check out Snyder’s proposed JL sequel (some of you already knew this)...

Too bad it will never be made, unless a monumental miracle happens.

I think it would’ve rocked...
        sigpic

Comment

• powersthatbe
          Persistent Member
          • Sep 27, 2010

I also thought Superman’s death echo was pretty cool and I thought he looked good throughout the movie in black. And for four hours I thought that really wasn’t a misplaced or dull scene in it. Speaking of kids with violence I find it funny hat there’s teen titans go! For them on Cartoon Network and the hbo max series titans which is really dark and violent( but I really enjoy the series) sometimes I think of violence as action I really don’t pause and grieve over a bad guy that gets killed.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
            Muddling through
            • Oct 4, 2008

there is a black & white version of the movie coming that apparently has even more new footage

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

Just watched the Martain Manhunter clips on youtube. Yowza.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• monitor_ep
                Talkative Member
                • May 11, 2013

Well I just rewatched the 2017 version of Justice League after watching the ZS JL and the 2017 seems like cliff-notes version of the 2021 version. There were some parts that were Weadon reshoots that actually felt forced when compared to the ZS version.
                Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• monitor_ep
                  Talkative Member
                  • May 11, 2013

If you are on twitter that you need to go and check out @Lesdoggg (Leslie Jones) feed from tonight where she live broadcast the Zack Synder Justice League with her own take on commentary. To us it is funny enough to keep us up at 2:30am to refresh the page to listen to the next clip.
                  Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

Comment

• Operation:Mego
                    I'm the Star Spangled Man
                    • May 21, 2011

sigpic
                    The event where the fans are separated from the true fans.

Comment

• rche
                      channeling Bob Wills
                      • Mar 26, 2008

My main takeouts from this version are fairly light - Aquaman wants to make sure his peeps respect the storm, but not necessarily the sea as there must be a reef full of sweaters and empty bottles in the cove near his village.

Also Aquaman related: I am fairly certain that Snyder does not care for the actual Aman character, but could not find any other way to put Lobo into the JL.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                        Verbose Member
                        • Mar 7, 2004

Watched Parts 1-3 with my son last night. Much more coherent than the theatrical version. I still think Snyder tends to be a bit too morose and pretentious for the source material, but overall the tone is much lighter and more...hopeful at this point than the dreary BvS. The added time and character development GREATLY helps not on the story but the entire premise of the film. I am actually enjoying watching it.

Chris
                        sigpic

Comment

• monitor_ep
                          Talkative Member
                          • May 11, 2013

I have 2 problems with the Zack Snyders Justice League:

1. If they wanted to use Steppenwolf why not go with the Comic Book image he was based on.
                          Steppenwolf_Earth_2_1.jpgSteppenwolf.jpg

2. Why use Kalibak story and not use him? Kalibak would messing up but Darkseid is more lenient towards Kalibak's failures
                          Kalibak.jpg
                          Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

Comment

• Wee67
                            Museum Correspondent
                            • Apr 2, 2002

Like a lot of others, i felt the added time TREMENDOUSLY helped with both story and character development. I understood and related better to everyone's motives, including Steppenwolf. In the original film, I had a completely meh reaction to him.

While this was waaaay better than the first film, I still think they should have spread this out over several movies building up to a Justice League movie.
                            WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• huedell
                              Museum Ball Eater
                              • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                              The added time and character development GREATLY helps not on the story but the entire premise of the film.
                              Definitions for these kinds of terms are subjective. In my humble opinion these two things are one and the same. But that's neither here nor there compared with my reaction to your core takeaway....

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                              I still think Snyder tends to be a bit too morose and pretentious for the source material, but overall the tone is much lighter and more...hopeful at this point than the dreary BvS.
                              This is how I feel. I have always wanted to be supportive of Snyder's DCEU films, but I could never commit because of his skewed take on the whole thing that I believe began with WB's attempt to "Batman-up" the Superman character in the MoS film.

The whole production development scenario that lead from MoS to this JL Snyder Cut is wonderfully diagrammed in this video:

I am wanting DC films to succeed in as big a way possible... and just because I have issues with Snyder's versions of the DC characters doesn't mean I hate them... this Snyder Cut shows how much more I'd like them and like the DCEU movies as a whole if WB wasn't so intrusive... from here on out I'm going to be VERY wary of the studio that has excessive reshoots... there seems to be a heavy correlation of poor decision-making in those scenarios looking back on the past decade.

I know that many doubt that any further Snyder-helmed DC projects will appear in the future... but, as this release shows... ya never know.

And, for what it's worth... despite my harsh criticisms of Snyder in the past (and, yes, they were harsh) from here on out, in the spirit of DCU integrity, I am Team Snyder all the way.
                              "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• powersthatbe
                                Persistent Member
                                • Sep 27, 2010

well The Trench and The New Gods films have been canceled. I am fine with as I have not a good feeling on either one(well new gods why they would they even consider making a movie of Aquaman sea monsters i don't have a clue)

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎