Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hector
    el Hombre de Acero
    • May 19, 2003

The one character who benefited most in the Snyder cut was Cyborg. He was the heart and soul of the movie.
    sigpic

Comment

• Falstaff13
      Persistent Member
      • May 28, 2008

Originally posted by Hector
      The one character who benefited most in the Snyder cut was Cyborg. He was the heart and soul of the movie.
      Agreed. Gal Gadot should also be pleased with the presentation of Diana in this version. I would put this above the Whedon, but I'd also like to know what we would have gotten if Snyder had finished it then--I suppose they might have given him 3 hours, so it would have been closer in length, but unless they had split it (ala Peter Jackson), it wouldn't have gotten quite up to this length. I could have seen this working in the mini-series format they had earlier announced.
      Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
      Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Comment

• MIB41
        Eloquent Member
        • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by Hector
        Agreed. In addition to Cyborg, the next measured improvement was both Flash and Batman. They had more defined roles flushed out and Flash's personality is no longer plagued with endless statements of goofiness. He's still awkward but in a more believable and compassionate approach. He actually had new lines I laughed at in this edition because they felt more authentic in expression. He's also very much a hero here. You root for him.

Batman is just pure gold now. THIS is what I wanted to see and I can't believe we got it. He's truly a leader and it plays well. The motivation comes from real places and its centered on a cohesive rationale instead of just raw emotion that is undefined. Superman is also fully realized. We actually get real comic book moments that look and feel like something I would have read as a kid and imagined playing out in real life. He looked so good in that black outfit and it completely gelled with his resurrected identity. The angst is gone! Now its about determination.

And lastly the one element the theatrical version was completely missing - the sense of RISK. This no longer plays like a connect-the-dots story where the outcome is so obvious, there's no tension in the build up. With Darkseid now in play the stakes are very much like it was with Thanos. Now some might feel thats a bit too derivative, but I felt like this played more to its own drum beat. Its an excellent setup and should not be discarded. WB is insane if they let this one get away from them. This was indeed the launching pad and Snyder pulled it off. And I say that not really being a fan of his work. This movie created an arc with Man of Steel and BVS that was desperately needed. So now it feels allot more cohesive. I'm always going to have problems with those other films, but this gives the events in those films allot more weight because I can finally see real character development. Snyder gave them a place to breath here so I could finally warm to who they are. It was hard to do that in the previous films because he buried them in a litany of complaints.

Comment

• Hector
          el Hombre de Acero
          • May 19, 2003

Yes, pretty good observations/points, guys.
          sigpic

Comment

• Hector
            el Hombre de Acero
            • May 19, 2003

As much as I loved Snyder’s cut, and I already consider it one of my all time favorite movies ever, there’s one thing I really hated, and will always hate...Jared Leto’s Joker laugh. Holy mother of god, if that’s not the lamest and most annoying laugh in history, I don’t know what is. Yes, it’s sort of creepy, but not in a cool way, it’s creepy as in a lame, pathetic, annoying, and obnoxious kinda way.

Come on, Mr Leto, you are a very good actor. Is that the best you could come up with?

Enjoy for the next 10 hours...

sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

I think he's trying to do a hyena impression.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Hector
                el Hombre de Acero
                • May 19, 2003

sigpic

Comment

• SeattleEd
                  SynthoRes Transmigrator
                  • Oct 24, 2007

Just finished watching this and have to say, I frikken LOVE this movie. I didn't want it to end.I agree with Hector, Cyborg is the heart and soul. I cried with what he did to help the single mom. This how the movie should have been released. This is a true superhero movie for me. Gonna watch it again. Sooooo good!

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                    Muddling through
                    • Oct 4, 2008

watched it last night. way better than the theatrical cut. agree with most of the points mentioned. Joker looked better but that laugh??? What were they thinking? the other scene i thought was odd and needed explanation was when MM morphed into Martha to help Lois. as a new character we had not seen before, there was no rational for him to even be there and do that

Comment

• drquest
                      ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                      • Apr 17, 2012

I watched it yesterday as well, and honestly I liked it. I was annoyed with some of the uneven CGI and plot changes, and Luthor is still terrible. Cyborg had a much larger presence, and I don't mind that at all but the character just really does nothing for me and the way he was portrayed was kind of clunky as well.

A lot of the tension and set pieces was just a set up for those sweeping shots of the heroes, and I have no problem with that, but there was SO many of those moments.

I didn't mind the extended run time at all, and my favorite part was the epilogue. I really want to see that world of the Bruce's Knightmare. Yeah Joker's laugh was oddly placed, but the rest was pretty cool.
                      Danny(Drquest)
                      Captain Action HQ
                      Retro shirts and stuff
                      More retro shirts
                      Stuff For Sale

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                        Muddling through
                        • Oct 4, 2008

the other thing i was a little surprised at, though i shouldn't be, as it is Snyder, was how violent it was. i mean dismembering, WW smashing thugs heads against the walls and killing them. then having Batman drop f-bombs. these things don't bother me, but being that kids will also wants to watch the movie, i find it a little much

Comment

• drquest
                          ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                          • Apr 17, 2012

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
                          the other thing i was a little surprised at, though i shouldn't be, as it is Snyder, was how violent it was. i mean dismembering, WW smashing thugs heads against the walls and killing them. then having Batman drop f-bombs. these things don't bother me, but being that kids will also wants to watch the movie, i find it a little much
                          i agree with that, there's a ton of dead people/things in this. The scene with WW and the kids being held hostage, I was dang, WW shot glass and stone all over the police outside, LOL...
                          Danny(Drquest)
                          Captain Action HQ
                          Retro shirts and stuff
                          More retro shirts
                          Stuff For Sale

Comment

• Hector
                            el Hombre de Acero
                            • May 19, 2003

The thing though is why Wonder Woman gets the too violent criticism but not the Falcon and the Winter Soldier? I swear, there were more human death counts in that 45 minutes long episode than the entire JL movie, lol.

Wonder Woman had no choice, her scenario happens in seconds, she has to neutralize countless murdering bad guys in mere seconds, no time to be nice. I jumped outta my seat when she bracelet blasted the leader, that was so awesome. I felt zero pity for any of the bad guys, they were about to murder god knows how many more people, including children. Thank you Diana, you are so awesome.

This movie is not for kids, they should watch their own G-rated stuff. There are tons of other choices for them. They all play video games that make Snyders Cut look like a Charlie Brown special, lol. The Snyder Cut is for adults. The DC Trinity superheroes were created starting in 1938. Kids can have their Teletubbies.

Avengers Infinity War, while near bloodless, had 50% of all living things in the universe killed. Why is that any better? Lack of blood? To me being disintegrated into cosmic dust nothingness is just as terrifying, if not more, lol.
                            Last edited by Hector; Mar 20, '21, 8:25 PM.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                              el Hombre de Acero
                              • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by drquest
                              i agree with that, there's a ton of dead people/things in this. The scene with WW and the kids being held hostage, I was dang, WW shot glass and stone all over the police outside, LOL...
                              What a beautiful scene that was..

sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                                el Hombre de Acero
                                • May 19, 2003

then having Batman drop f-bombs
                                Now THAT actually shocked me the most. I’m like, dayum, Batman...

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎