Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

Interesting. I'm recalling that the Daredevil film was found wanting, but IMO its director's cut was a substantial improvement.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• powersthatbe
      Persistent Member
      • Sep 27, 2010

I'll watch it again because i so love kirby's fourth world. and zach certainly seems to have passion for this. also since it is so sepia in tone it was hard to watch on a movie big screen so they might be more for me to watch it on tv. also is this one four hour movie or divided in parts?

Comment

• monitor_ep
        Talkative Member
        • May 11, 2013

What going to make people mad is after watching the 4hr movie it will end waiting for a pt 2 that will never happen. I will be fun to watch the reaction after it airs.
        Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Bruce Banner
          HULK SMASH!
          • Apr 3, 2010

Wow, talk about epic.
          Yes, this version is significantly more satisfying than the theatrical cut.
          Although Snyder's grim and gritty approach to the DC universe isn't my favourite interpretation of the characters, I'm glad that he got the opportunity to complete his story with the same overall tone and aesthetic as MoS and BvS.
          And no, it doesn't end on a "cliffhanger" as such... it just sets up the next part of the story, which of course regrettably may never get made.
          Anyway, it's well worth setting aside 4 hours to experience this movie as it was intended to be seen.
          PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
            Muddling through
            • Oct 4, 2008

i thought it was hitting tomorrow? how did you see the whole thing already?

Comment

• Hector
              el Hombre de Acero
              • May 19, 2003

Just finished watching it, gotta go to sleep...but...

o h...m y...g o d...t h i s...w a s...s o...f r i g g i n...e p i c...

Loved every second of it...

See ya later in the afternoon...
              sigpic

Comment

• powersthatbe
                Persistent Member
                • Sep 27, 2010

going to watch it after dinner glad to hear good reviews on it

Comment

• MIB41
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by monitor_ep
                  What going to make people mad is after watching the 4hr movie it will end waiting for a pt 2 that will never happen. I will be fun to watch the reaction after it airs.
                  Your comment lingered in front me as this film wrapped up. Wow... WB should not have walked away from this. If the majority of this footage already existed, its a travesty of justice that Joss Whedon gave us what he did in that theatrical cut (even with theatrical time constraints in play).To think all of this was left on the cutting room floor? If I was Zack Snyder, I could not look him in the face without fire in my eyes. The last two hours of this film are exactly what I always wanted from a DC film. Lots of exposition in the first two, but that's okay and to be expected. I'm so thankful this was made. But the flipside is to Monitor_ep's point... Now we also know the potential lost.

Comment

• rche
                    channeling Bob Wills
                    • Mar 26, 2008

Originally posted by MIB41
                    Your comment lingered in front me as this film wrapped up. Wow... WB should not have walked away from this. If the majority of this footage already existed, its a travesty of justice that Joss Whedon gave us what he did in that theatrical cut (even with theatrical time constraints in play).To think all of this was left on the cutting room floor? If I was Zack Snyder, I could not look him in the face without fire in my eyes. The last two hours of this film are exactly what I always wanted from a DC film. Lots of exposition in the first two, but that's okay and to be expected. I'm so thankful this was made. But the flipside is to Monitor_ep's point... Now we also know the potential lost.
                    Doesn't this all boil down to WB/DC not having a solid plan or footing for their cinematic universe and just reacting to how audiences were comparing them to the Marvel movieverse. Folks were complaining about how dour and bleak DC was and so they tried to go elsewhere.

Comment

• monitor_ep
                      Talkative Member
                      • May 11, 2013

I watch the first 2hrs last night but had to get some sleep. Trying to finish it but keep getting busy signal, the problems of living the country life.

The first part was slow due to the fact that you are having to get so many introductions out of the way. I am at the first battle scene so here is hoping I can finish this before long.
                      Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

Comment

• toothaction
                        Career Member
                        • Jul 15, 2017

Although beyond me how anyone could find what I've had a look at so far in any way enjoyable, I do recognize that we're all looking for different things from our entertainment, so let's invoke the Different Strokes rule. That said, and setting everything aside but character design, I thought that the DCEU had already sunk as low as they could go for me with how they visually depict certain beloved folks from the floppies, and then I saw Darkseid... so I amended my thoughts and figured now I'd seen the worst that they could do! Then, though? A certain appearance at the very end of "episode" 4. Mercy. Only an hour and forty minutes to go!

I really have no business watching this thing, as I'm an early adopter in the Snyder-isn't-my-bag camp - ventured out to the theatre for both the Romero remake and 300, genuinely loathed 'em for differing set of reasons, and don't get me started on Watchmen - but after hearing about the JL stink for over 3 years, I suppose I felt I had to know the end of the conversation.
                        >>> Looking for a few Bif Bang Pow! pretties. Please click to see if you can help!

Comment

• MIB41
                          Eloquent Member
                          • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by rche
                          Doesn't this all boil down to WB/DC not having a solid plan or footing for their cinematic universe and just reacting to how audiences were comparing them to the Marvel movieverse. Folks were complaining about how dour and bleak DC was and so they tried to go elsewhere.
                          Oh 100% WB has a long history of not trusting anything in this genre. As soon as something falls short of expectations (be it realistic expectations or not) they're always ready to scrap it all and go back to formula. They consistently put the cart before the horse. They want the financial glory before they earn the public's trust. And yes they built a dreary world that didn't seem to have any direction. And it culminated in a clunky and butchered Justice League film back in 2017. Its taken an untraditional course correction like this to pull it together. And lets be honest, without the pandemic, we likely never would have seen this. The idea of making revenue with product already in the can has become a new inroad for studios that could not safely gather actors for a project.

And honestly I don't know what the revenue potential is with this playing on HBO MAX right now. I have no idea whether its just a cash deal or if there is a revenue stream to share based on how many times this film is watched. Hopefully we'll have someone jump in and explain the process there. But for me, I NOW have enough story time in and character development flushed out that I'm invested in these heroes (and the actors playing them). But of course that's all for not, because they have a NEW Batman reboot coming out next year and another Superman movie ready to be recast and shot. Its really frustrating.

You look at the Marvel universe and they seem to be moving right along. They just finished a successful run with Wanda-Vision which, once again, moved the narrative forward with more world building and tomorrow we get another streaming series with Falcon and the Winter Soldier. With WB we have... oh... back to formula. Maybe we'll get lucky and the studio will hear a chant to keep this DC world growing as well. Sadly history has taught me not to hold my breath.

Comment

• powersthatbe
                            Persistent Member
                            • Sep 27, 2010

SPOILERS AHEAD........................well got a lil wary of watching after so long but really just wanted to see how they did Darkseid the most and i thought he looked pretty good and i thought jared's joker was pretty good in this too. superman throwdowns with steppenwulf was pretty cool wonder woman with the bank robbery in the beginning was cool when all or earth's guardians first faced darkseid's army( i also liked desaad) was that Zeus with the lightning?also liked when barry first saved iris.

Comment

• monitor_ep
                              Talkative Member
                              • May 11, 2013

Ok I have finally finished watching the redo Justice League. Yes there were more character developments added it that could have been told in solo movies. The redo of Steppenwolf was the best part, not the figure but the story. Having Steppenwolf report back to Desaad is more comic book accurate.

The first battle with the army of man was done better in that they showed more of the characters battling Darkseid. I was glad to see the Greek Gods (Zeus, Ares & Artemis) in battle more clearly along with Green Lantern Yalan Gur. Still not sure who the King Of Man was (would be nice if it was King Arthur) along with the King of Atlantis.

The final battle was played better without that family, and yes I did enjoy seeing Darkseid's Elite and the too be continued would be the army of Darkseid going up a fuller Justice League.

Swanwick character was a fan-service that didn't really go anywheres.

It was nice that they included the scene with Iris West, but it is character developed that could have worked better in a Flash movie. Same goes with the Cyborg back story.

Overall it was a little better than the original but I still have problems with Zack Snyder's dark & gloomy movies.
                              Last edited by monitor_ep; Mar 18, '21, 7:19 PM.
                              Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

Comment

• shaunaconda
                                Museum Super Collector
                                • Mar 29, 2020

This movie was awesome!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢