Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Snyder Cut Justice League Official Trailer

Images
    One of the problems I found with the theatrical cut was how crowded the story got with character introductions. To think Snyder has even MORE to throw in, just feels like a headache, because there's just no time for meaningful character development. It reads like a nonstop cameo nod. And I was not a fan of the effects either. The enhancements look okay but it still feels very much like a stylized video game. They're not remotely in the same zip code with Endgame. I just hope they dump some of that forced humor that seam to permeate the theatrical cut. Batman/Bruce was so out of character playing straight man to Barry Allen. The whole movie was just wonky. We have HBO Max so I'm definitely going to give it a look. But from a foundational perspective, Snyder will have to completely rebuild both the story and some of the characters to make it feel like an improvement for me. Its not a film that suddenly gets better with a little tweaking.

Images
    Blog Entries
    I've been looking forward to it less and less. I'll still give it a look but the bits and pieces that have been shared so far haven't really done much to move the needle for me like I hoped. I'm also still in letdown mode from WW84 which doesn't help.

Quote Originally Posted by EMCE Hammer View Post
    I've been looking forward to it less and less. I'll still give it a look but the bits and pieces that have been shared so far haven't really done much to move the needle for me like I hoped. I'm also still in letdown mode from WW84 which doesn't help.
    Everything said is pretty much how I feel, but the buildup and anticipation I had for WW84 and then the letdown just soured me on what feelings I had left for the theatrical DC Universe, which wasn't much. I did re-watch Shazam, which was a fun movie, but I'm not even looking forward to that sequel.

I have HBO Max and I will probably attempt to watch Justice League, but they are saying it's four hours? I just don't know if I have a desire to invest that much time to this movie.

Images
    Justice League: The Shocking, Exhilarating, Heartbreaking True Story of #TheSnyderCut

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood...gue-snyder-cut

Images
    ^I read that last night. I'm not really a fan of Snyder's take, but it did help me to separate the man from his art. He seems like a genuinely good guy, especially for Hollywood. And of course the tragedy he and his family suffered is just heart-wrenching. I will probably not care much for his take on the film, but at least it will be HIS take, and it means a lot to him, his family and the cast and crew, so I am happy for them they are getting this chance.

Chris
    http://megomuseum.com/community/signaturepics/sigpic22_1.gif

Images
    That story is so impossibly sad. On the personal front I have nothing but tremendous sympathy for Snyder, but as a director I've always been at odds with his superhero portrayals. He was the perfect director for material like the Watchmen because that fit his cynical views like a glove. But I can specifically remember watching that movie and saying, "Wow that was compelling. But I hope he never gets his hands on our superheroes, because they would all be depressing and dark."

He has these amazing visual talents to bring extraordinary subjects to life in a very surreal way that feels almost real, but not quite. Its like he plucked the spirit of Alex Ross from an alternate universe and conceptualized him with a little more edge to create his storyboards. But as rich as his visuals are, his characters (for me) tend to be very one note in terms of their emotional seating. Every one of them is a reluctant hero with any number of social conflicts dialed in to say, "I'm here, but honestly I would rather be somewhere else." While I can appreciate his desire to give them complexity to wrestle with the moral code of what they're doing, the never-ending philosophical struggle weighs down the spirit of the source material.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MIB41 View Post
    That story is so impossibly sad. On the personal front I have nothing but tremendous sympathy for Snyder, but as a director I've always been at odds with his superhero portrayals. He was the perfect director for material like the Watchmen because that fit his cynical views like a glove. But I can specifically remember watching that movie and saying, "Wow that was compelling. But I hope he never gets his hands on our superheroes, because they would all be depressing and dark."

He has these amazing visual talents to bring extraordinary subjects to life in a very surreal way that feels almost real, but not quite. Its like he plucked the spirit of Alex Ross from an alternate universe and conceptualized him with a little more edge to create his storyboards. But as rich as his visuals are, his characters (for me) tend to be very one note in terms of their emotional seating. Every one of them is a reluctant hero with any number of social conflicts dialed in to say, "I'm here, but honestly I would rather be somewhere else." While I can appreciate his desire to give them complexity to wrestle with the moral code of what they're doing, the never-ending philosophical struggle weighs down the spirit of the source material.
    He's a bad storyteller and I don't think he gets the heroes but to his credit, he really can direct action well.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.megomuseum.com/odeon/store/products/

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by palitoy View Post
    He's a bad storyteller and I don't think he gets the heroes but to his credit, he really can direct action well.
    Agreed. When he replaced the epic lesson of Jonathan Kent dying from a heart attack in a favor of a death-by-tornado sacrifice for a secret, I never trusted his story telling skills again.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MIB41 View Post
    Agreed. When he replaced the epic lesson of Jonathan Kent dying from a heart attack in a favor of a death-by-tornado sacrifice for a secret, I never trusted his story telling skills again.
    Yeah, that was his objectivist beliefs sneaking in and sorry, Superman is an altruist, pure and simple. I still feel we have a good actor in Caville but the stuff coming out of his mouth, oi vey.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.megomuseum.com/odeon/store/products/

Images
    ^Yeah, that's the "Martha' of Man of Steel. Totally ridiculous for any of the characters to act and react that way.

Chris
    http://megomuseum.com/community/signaturepics/sigpic22_1.gif