X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TrekStar
    Trek or Treat
    • Jan 20, 2011

Classic Tv Toys Return Shipping

Maybe this has been talked about before, but I just recently had to return items to CTVT sent back in the same box. The shipping cost to send back was right around $9.00. I’m sure there are members here who had to return wrong items back to ctvt to get exchanges or refunds. My question is, does the customer get reimbursed or credited on their next order for having to ship back wrong items, or can I kiss my $9.00 goodbye?
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

Lol You can probably kiss it goodbye. They have a long history of condescending jerkery towards their customers, there have been threads about it over and over.

Perhaps you will be the exception as some others have, good luck. I've had some astonishingly bad service from them over the years.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
      Eloquent Member
      • Jan 19, 2008

That money is gone forever...

Comment

• Mikey
        Verbose Member
        • Aug 9, 2001

EVERYTHING from CTVT's is sent broken --- ALWAYS

I think they actually have a special breaking department that breaks ALL item's coming in straight from their China supplier

It's their thing

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

Sometimes it's broken intentionally. I am not making this up, first-hand experience.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• MIB41
            Eloquent Member
            • Sep 25, 2005

I've bought allot from FTC for over 15 years and on a few occasions I have received the wrong/defective item. It happens. But I have NEVER had to eat a dime of my expense when its been asked that I return it...ever. There have even been situations where they let me keep the wrong item and sent me out a replacement free of charge. But whatever the circumstances, its never cost me any added expense. If you already went through the trouble of sending it back before contacting them, then tell them what you did and email them a copy of your receipt for expenses. But if you have not sent it yet, then simply call them and they will give you guidance on what to do. Its not 'luck', and they're good people. But as a rule always call them before you send things back. Its better to let them offer the direction before you assume the next action to take. Companies lose on returns if the product has been tampered with or replaced with something different. So with FTC being smaller they want you to call them as soon as you see a problem so it can be quickly documented and a decision rendered on whether you need to return it or they just send you out the correct item instead.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

Things like this are why I buy very few CTVT/Figures Toys items. I want to love what they are doing, but I personally can't justify supporting them much with bad QC and customer service, AND high prices. More power to those who this isn't a problem for, but it sticks in my crawl a bit too much.

Chris
              sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

MIB41, I think you give good advice in accommodating FTC--they've probably been victimized by a lot of collector fraud.

But, if I've contacted them as you recommend and received different service--what I would at least consider bad luck--then I think it's all right to wish a customer good luck in a potentially similar situation.

I hope TrekStar is successful and satisfied with his return.
                Last edited by PNGwynne; Feb 16, '21, 6:39 AM.

Comment

• Mikey
                  Verbose Member
                  • Aug 9, 2001

Last thing I ever ordered from CTVT's was a bunch of their "new" Space 1999 Mego-like figures

Tony, Maya, Sandra -- the whole shabang

EVERY figure arrived broke in some way --- IN THE PACKAGE

For CTVT's shipping employees I have a question --- Who would box up and send clearly broken figures on nice cards ?

Comment

• danadoll
                    Micronaut Nut!
                    • Apr 11, 2005

Originally posted by Mikey
                    EVERY figure arrived broke in some way --- IN THE PACKAGE

For CTVT's shipping employees I have a question --- Who would box up and send clearly broken figures on nice cards ?
                    Exactly! I've had very similar issues and would ask the same (again and again). Like when they were selling and mailing out those long "leather" coats that were decaying (is the best word I can think of for what was going on) in the bags. I bought one (they sent me two) and they were falling apart. I complained and asked why they didn't notice this. They refunded my money and took them off the website, but they still have the short "leather" jackets for sale, which have the same rotting/shedding issue.

Another time, they sent me two sets ladies Space 1999 boots that I had ordered, that were literally crumbling in the bags, I again complained and they again refunded me. I again asked why they didn't notice the boots were so brittle that they were falling to pieces? They again took them off the website. Why were they willing to overlook sending broken/smashed products, just to make a buck? It's ridiculous.

Dana
                    Last edited by danadoll; Feb 25, '21, 4:54 AM.
                    "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎