X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

5 Awesome Things on eBay this week!

Power Records 3 Pack- I have never seen this before and it reminds me of those Whitman comics packs I had as a wee lad that I still collect. The killer thing is, this isn’t terribly priced and it contains Spider-Man, Dracula and Star Trek. This one is killing me, please remove it from my […]

More...
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

That Power Records set is WEIRD. I have never seen anything like it, and I don't think Rob has it on his blog. Looking at his blog, it confirmed that this set is actually lying to the buyer. Only the Star Trek record has a book with it. Spider-Man and Dracula in this set are audio only. I wonder if some outside entity bagged these up with a cheap header card when vinyl was dying in the mid-80s?

Any toy that has the Hulk driving is laughably wonderful, but to have Iron Man riding shotgun, probably utilizing his armor's septic system as he screams in horror, is just golden. We are introduced to Tony Stark in the opening of the Marvel Super Heroes cartoons driving a sports car...why would he ever let Banner behind the wheel?!?

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• B-Lister
      Eccentric Weirdo
      • Mar 19, 2010

Headcanon: Tony got tired of all those DUIs, and asked Banner to be his DD. Banner took the Porsche to some body shop in the Barrio and had a custom wrap put on, on Tony's dime, and enjoyed a good laugh when Stark finally sobered up.
      Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• palitoy
        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
        • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
        That Power Records set is WEIRD. I have never seen anything like it, and I don't think Rob has it on his blog. Looking at his blog, it confirmed that this set is actually lying to the buyer. Only the Star Trek record has a book with it. Spider-Man and Dracula in this set are audio only. I wonder if some outside entity bagged these up with a cheap header card when vinyl was dying in the mid-80s?
        Chris
        I noticed that claim is wrong too, probably didn't matter but I've never seen anything like these before and the seller has two of them. Very tempted but it's not my thing.
        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• tatsunokofan
          • Dec 5, 2019

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
          If you look at the auction listing, you'll see that the baggie has not only the 3 records, but also 3 kids books (2 Endless Quest series books and 50 Tricks With a Duncan Yo-Yo), so it's not lying -- you do indeed get 3 records and 3 books, but not 3 book-and-records.

James

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

If you look at the auction listing, you'll see that the baggie has not only the 3 records, but also 3 kids books (2 Endless Quest series books and 50 Tricks With a Duncan Yo-Yo), so it's not lying -- you do indeed get 3 records and 3 books, but not 3 book-and-records.

James
            Ah, I see now. My bad. Apologies to the original "bagger". They were being genuine after all. But clearly this wasn't Power Records doing this, with non-associated books involved.

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎