X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jrfjr126rock
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 23, 2008

Bandless Bodies???

I could swear I read a while back that Mego was trying to eventually switch to bandless bodies in the future. I even remember them saying they wanted to do it for the DC Superheroes but the virus pushed that back with distribution. Has there been any update on this?

Do you guys think they will use the same bodies as now without strings or do you think it will be a whole new body?
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

it will eventually be the new body. COVID just put a halt on it

Comment

• boss
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 18, 2003

I’ll believe it when I see it.
      Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• Jrfjr126rock
        Veteran Member
        • Feb 23, 2008

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
        it will eventually be the new body. COVID just put a halt on it
        How exciting I can't wait to see what they look like. I enjoy the Type-S bodies but the male bodies are a tad bit too big and the females are too small.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
          Eloquent Member
          • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by boss
          I’ll believe it when I see it.
          Ditto...

Comment

• bgiles73
            Veteran Member
            • Apr 14, 2010

Marty Abrams answered a question about these Saturday night on the Mego Ambassadors Facebook Live feed. He said they are coming and he spoke a little bit about having different options between what’s being offered for customers but he didn’t really elaborate on what that means or when we will see these. I would love it if multiple hands were offered double knees and elbows and ankle articulation with rocker and swivel. I’m also curious about how they do Star Trek boot legs going forward. I really wish we could see the pictures they showed to attendees of the Mego Meet a couple years ago.

Comment

• TrekStar
              Trek or Treat
              • Jan 20, 2011

I’ve been hoping/wanting bandless Trek bodies for sometime, maybe Ape bodies would be cool too.

Comment

• Jrfjr126rock
                Veteran Member
                • Feb 23, 2008

Are they able to use the Mattel Action body style with some tweaks since Dr. Mego and others were involved in that. Given that we already have the Type-S I am hoping we can get a different body type for male and female figures.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

In general, like my Megos to look like Megos. I'd be open to slight sculpt tweaks, nothing extreme.

I can't imagine that the Mattel body can be tweaked by Mego Corp.--Matty owns it and it was foisted on DM IIRC.
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                    Often invisible
                    • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by Jrfjr126rock
                    Are they able to use the Mattel Action body style with some tweaks since Dr. Mego and others were involved in that. Given that we already have the Type-S I am hoping we can get a different body type for male and female figures.
                    No, that body is owned by Mattel. Having ownership is the reason Mattel used a unique body in the first place.
                    Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

Unique, and not very good from the ribs down IMO. And I say that as a Big Jim fan.
                      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                        Often invisible
                        • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                        Unique, and not very good from the ribs down IMO. And I say that as a Big Jim fan.
                        I don’t know why it was designed that way. I can only assume that whoever designed or at least worked with elastic strung bodies were long gone from the company and the new regime didn’t realize they needed to make the connecting points round to keep the elastic pressure even.
                        Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• bgiles73
                          Veteran Member
                          • Apr 14, 2010

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                          In general, like my Megos to look like Megos. I'd be open to slight sculpt tweaks, nothing extreme.

I can't imagine that the Mattel body can be tweaked by Mego Corp.--Matty owns it and it was foisted on DM IIRC.
                          I agree I don’t want drastic changes either, but I do prefer the Mego 14” female body look to the 7” female. I hope both the male and female will have better looking wrist joints and articulation points.

Comment

• ubermanx
                            Career Member
                            • Jul 3, 2013

Pure speculation here but I have always assumed the 8" bandless body from Mego would be a scaled down 14" body design.

And yes, Doc announced something many many years ago but he also made a few comments here and there about using the design in a different scale than 8" first, comments about upcoming "big projects", etc. One can assume we are seeing the fruits of those long ago hinted at labours with all these great new Mego figures.

I'm still loving the Type S body and I move most of my FTC figures to a Type S (some to Doc's EMCE swivel arm bodies too) but I'm also interested in seeing what's upcoming. These are pretty wonderful times to be a fan of the 8" Mego format.

~ Marty

Comment

• Jrfjr126rock
                              Veteran Member
                              • Feb 23, 2008

Originally posted by ubermanx
                              Pure speculation here but I have always assumed the 8" bandless body from Mego would be a scaled down 14" body design.

And yes, Doc announced something many many years ago but he also made a few comments here and there about using the design in a different scale than 8" first, comments about upcoming "big projects", etc. One can assume we are seeing the fruits of those long ago hinted at labours with all these great new Mego figures.

I'm still loving the Type S body and I move most of my FTC figures to a Type S (some to Doc's EMCE swivel arm bodies too) but I'm also interested in seeing what's upcoming. These are pretty wonderful times to be a fan of the 8" Mego format.

~ Marty
                              That would make sense and I’m fine with that although the guys torso looks super buff compared to the head on the bigger figures. The women figures look great though!

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎