• Show
Clear All
  • Mikey
    Verbose Member
    • Aug 9, 2001

2021 SPAM Appreciation Thread

I know I make these threads at least once a year but SPAM deserves it

I love SPAM in all forms

My new thing has been SPAM in meatballs (turkey meatballs)

My only complaint, I wish Hormel would start making their different flavors again... Time after time at Walmart all I can find is regular ---which is great, but sometimes I have a taste for Chorizo-SPAM

BTW, tried Great Value's rip-off of SPAM and it's not half bad - and 1/3rd cheaper

• LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

Comment

• LonnieFisher
      Eloquent Member
      • Jan 19, 2008

I only like Spam by Monty Python!
      Last edited by LonnieFisher; Feb 7, '21, 12:21 PM.

Comment

• Mikey
        Verbose Member
        • Aug 9, 2001

Lonnie, you seem to be possessed by the spirit of Don Rickles

Comment

• sprytel
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 26, 2009

To the best of my knowledge, I have never had SPAM. What would you recommend as a "gateway" dish to try?

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

^Fried slices with breakfast. I use it like that, or diced in place of ham in recipes.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• boss
              Talkative Member
              • Jun 18, 2003

I’m in the Deviled Ham camp.
              Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• MRP
                Persistent Member
                • Jul 19, 2016

I like fired spam with eggs but I don't like it in any other incarnation. My wife likes the jalapeno Spam, but I don't. She likes it for making breakfast burritos or mixed in with potatoes or in scrambled eggs to give a spicy ham taste.

-M
                "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by sprytel
                  To the best of my knowledge, I have never had SPAM. What would you recommend as a "gateway" dish to try?
                  Spam, egg, sausage, and spam?

Comment

• megomania
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jan 2, 2010

My 10 year old loves SPAM..Mom cubes it up and we have it with rice. He'd eat all of it if he could.

Looks like they make other varieties just not Chirizo..https://www.spam.com/varieties

-Chris

Comment

• Werewolf
                      Inhuman
                      • Jul 14, 2003

Turkey Spam is actually quite nice. Sliced thin and fried makes nice sandwiches.
                      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• PNGwynne
                        Master of Fowl Play
                        • Jun 5, 2008

Spam spread? Mmmmm....
                        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Mikey
                          Verbose Member
                          • Aug 9, 2001

For Mid-East Coasters that have never tried SPAM I think the best comparison would be with Taylor Ham but maybe a tad bit more sour - but in a good way

If necessary, drizzle on some ketchup ---- must be Heinz

If you REALLY want to live on the wild side try fried SPAM on toast with Hellmann's Real Mayonnaise … It'll knock your socks off !!!

Comment

• apes3978
                            Permanent Member
                            • Nov 19, 2005

Originally posted by Mikey
                            If you REALLY want to live on the wild side try fried SPAM on toast with Hellmann's Real Mayonnaise … It'll knock your socks off !!!
                            I generally buy those single serving packages of SPAM, mainly for convenience, to make sandwiches like what you described here... Sometimes I'll add a slice of Krafft cheese too.

Comment

• Hector
                              el Hombre de Acero
                              • May 19, 2003

Regular SPAM is too salty. It’s not bad tasting, but too salty. I have rarely bought and eaten it. I know there is a less sodium version, but have not tried it yet. Hawaiians love it, as it’s even served at restaurants in the islands.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎