• Aug 9, 2001

I can understand No Sex, No Politics and No Hate Talk

Everything that is family friendly should be fair game,imo

Comment

• ODBJBG
      Permanent Member
      • May 15, 2009

Originally posted by YoungOnce
      Also, regarding “too many RIP threads”, I don’t feel like the first page of these forums changes so drastically and quickly that topics get lost from the first page before anyone has seen it.
      Except people stop coming into this particular area of the forum because it's literally just "This person died, this person died, this person died, I bought a new TV, this person died, this person died". Last time I brought this up, this forum went up in activity because people stopped posting about every death and the area of the forum was more of a community of general discussion. All the constant death, doom and gloom heavily weighs down a section of the forum that should be a fun, more interesting part of the boards, IMO.

Originally posted by Mikey
      A lot of mediocre/forgotten celebs would go unnoticed if not for a posted RIP thread.
      I feel like this makes a great case for exactly why they shouldn't be given their own thread.

Comment

• Mr.Marion
        Permanent Member
        • Sep 15, 2014

RIP Mike Henry , He was in "one of our running backs is missing "
        Mike Henry, a former NFL linebacker and actor known for playing Tarzan in the 1960s, has died. He was 84. Henry died Jan. 8 at St. Joseph Medical Center in Burbank after many years of dealing with chronic traumatic encephalopathy and Parkinson’s disease brought on by the head injuries in the NFL and at the […]

Mike Henry, a former NFL linebacker and actor known for playing Tarzan in the 1960s, has died. He was 84. Henry died Jan. 8 at St. Joseph Medical Center in Bur...

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

^He also played Tarzan, and Junior in the Smokey and the Bandit films. RIP.

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• TrekStar
            Trek or Treat
            • Jan 20, 2011

I’m not sure, but was Henry’s likeness used for the Mego Tarzan box art pic? to me it kind of looks like him in sort of a comic art way. I’m curious to know if anyone here knows the history behind the art on the Mego Tarzan box?

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

Henry's Tarzan films are some of my favorites.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• powersthatbe
                Persistent Member
                • Sep 27, 2010

RIP "the natural" butch reed and tag team partner to ron simmons of 'Doom"

Comment

• ODBJBG
                  Permanent Member
                  • May 15, 2009

Shame to hear about Butch Reed, but not entirely unexpected. Sounded like he was in bad shape the other day when it was announced he'd had two heart attacks.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                    Muddling through
                    • Oct 4, 2008

BJ Thomas passed way too

Comment

• Mr.Marion
                      Permanent Member
                      • Sep 15, 2014

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
                      BJ Thomas passed way too

I wasn't a fan of his "this time the girl is going to stay" but when Elvis and Spock cover your song you pretty much are a legend.

Comment

• Mikey
                        Verbose Member
                        • Aug 9, 2001

Trying not to speak ill-will of the dead but I remember him being kinda of an azzhole.

He wouldn't sing Raindrops at his concerts because he didn't wanna be pegged as a "one hit wonder"

Mr BJ, if you were THAT serious, why didn't you refund EVERBODY that came to your concerts to hear Raindrops live ?

Yea, I think he was an azzhole

Comment

• warlock664
                          Persistent Member
                          • Feb 15, 2009

Lol!
                          I love it when people say they don’t mean to speak ill of the dead, then they proceed to do just that! Like prefacing their comments with that statement negates the intent.

Comment

• Mr.Marion
                            Permanent Member
                            • Sep 15, 2014

Originally posted by warlock664
                            Lol!
                            I love it when people say they don’t mean to speak ill of the dead, then they proceed to do just that! Like prefacing their comments with that statement negates the intent.
                            I'm guilty of some of that, I thought Harry from night court gave off creep vibes when everyone else was waxing poetic about him. lol

I think with celebrities and notable social figures we have to keep in mind we don't know them personally. Even if you met them once or twice, everyone has good and bad days and how that treated you that day was part of that.

Comment

• Mikey
                              Verbose Member
                              • Aug 9, 2001

If I was a popular celeb … regardless of my personal feelings ……. i'd be kissing the public's behind no matter what.

If you were jackhammering an overfilled concrete column for a new sewer pipe (yes, I've been there) … would you complain if somebody wanted to hear you sing a song ?

Comment

• Mr.Marion
                                Permanent Member
                                • Sep 15, 2014

What's more annoying is when you are watching something like Adventures of Superman and a family member walks by and says oh George Reeves he's dead. Thanks for the breaking news update

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎