X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • B-Lister
    Eccentric Weirdo
    • Mar 19, 2010

Dustin Diamond dead at 44

He made some poor choices as an adult, but he'll forever be a part of my childhood. RIP Screech.

Dustin Diamond, known for playing Screech in the hit sitcom "Saved by the Bell," died on Monday morning. He was 44.
    Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures
  • powersthatbe
    Persistent Member
    • Sep 27, 2010

never watched saved by the bell and was never was a fan. but I saw him a couple years ago now at the steel city con. May he rest in peace.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
      Muddling through
      • Oct 4, 2008

so sad. he was so young. i know he did some weird stuff as an adult but he played a fun character back in his youth. RIP!

Comment

• jwyblejr
        galactic yo-yo
        • Apr 6, 2006

3 weeks from being diagnosed to passing today. That sounds like a nasty form of cancer.

Comment

• Mr.Marion
          Permanent Member
          • Sep 15, 2014

Its no laughing matter, his life came to a screeching halt.

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Mr.Marion
            Its no laughing matter, his life came to a screeching halt.
            Classy as always
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Mikey
              Verbose Member
              • Aug 9, 2001

Never seen the show until the blonde girl did the stripper bare-assed thing in Vegas-Girls -- whatever movie ( forgot title)

She was kinda-hot - not counting overly laughably fake boobies.

Comment

• apes3978
                Permanent Member
                • Nov 19, 2005

Originally posted by Mikey
                Never seen the show until the blonde girl did the stripper bare-a**ed thing in Vegas-Girls -- whatever movie ( forgot title)
                "Showgirls"

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                  Verbose Member
                  • Mar 7, 2004

Very sad. Diamond didn't ingratiate himself to folks much in the years since Bell ended, but then he was the butt of all the jokes, both on the show and off, while his co-stars escaped it relatively unscathed. Well, except for Berkley, but she went and made Showgirls two seconds after she left the set. But my point is, Diamond played a weirdo cartoon character in a show full of otherwise beautiful people. When everyone was constantly up your rear reminding you that you were Screech, how would you react? I'm not excusing his behavior, but the burden of that could potentially take a toll on anyone.

Chris
                  sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
                    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                    • Jun 16, 2001

It somehow reminds me of Alfalfa from the Little Rascals, he apparently would get violent if you teased him about it towards the end of his life.
                    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• ODBJBG
                      Permanent Member
                      • May 15, 2009

Originally posted by Mikey
                      Never seen the show until the blonde girl did the stripper bare-assed thing in Vegas-Girls -- whatever movie ( forgot title)

She was kinda-hot - not counting overly laughably fake boobies.
                      Uh... Elizabeth Berkley has real boobies. In fact, pretty much everyone in that movie did, because it was about Vegas showgirls, who at the time were almost all universally small chested.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                        Verbose Member
                        • Mar 7, 2004

It somehow reminds me of Alfalfa from the Little Rascals, he apparently would get violent if you teased him about it towards the end of his life.
                        Good point. Even his IMDB has him listed as "Alfalfa". He was killed in an altercation over $50. I think of him as an adult every time I watch White Christmas, because when the Hanes Sisters show the picture of their brother (The Dog-Faced Boy, as Bing and Danny Kaye know him), it's Carl "Alfalfa" Switzer.

Chris
                        sigpic

Comment

• Mr.Marion
                          Permanent Member
                          • Sep 15, 2014

Dustin was a Gi Joe kid , those playsets would cost $15-20k now 20210204_082133.jpg
                          Last edited by Mr.Marion; Feb 4, '21, 8:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎