• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Marvel Legends Retro 3 3/4 inch series 2

They look great.

Hasbro has sent through information on the next wave of Marvel Legends Retro 3.75 figures today, and first up is none other than Carol Danvers! She comes packed like the previous wave (which we looked at here) featuring simplified 3.75 articulation and sculpt, a "what if" scenario showing what Kenner / Hasbro would have done...
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Oh wow, nice! Now I kinda wish these were exactly Secret Wars size. Hulk and the Human Torch were sorely missed in that line.

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
      Often invisible
      • Jul 18, 2002

Are there only 4 in wave 2? Hulk is interesting, Marvel and Torch look great!
      Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• ODBJBG
        Permanent Member
        • May 15, 2009

LOL the caption says "Shart Hulk".

Comment

• Godzilla
          Permanent Member
          • Nov 3, 2002

Those are wonderful!
          Mortui Vivos Docent
          The Dead Teach the Living

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

These are beautiful, but when Mattel did similar DC figures, they were $6.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• monitor_ep
              Talkative Member
              • May 11, 2013

I want to see Captain America next to the redo G.I. Joe lineup to get a better idea of scale.
              Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• JamesB.
                • Dec 15, 2013

Does anyone know whether any of these Marvel Legends Retro figures will be available in stores? And if so, when?

I'd really like to get Wave 1, but as I'm in Canada, I'm hesitant to order from the Hasbro Pulse site and get hit with large shipping and customs fees.

Thanks!

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

Any reason they are blowing Carol Danvers cover on the card? They can't call her Captain Marvel? Like in her MOVIE???
                  You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jun 22, 2011

To answer a couple of questions in this thread: They have only shown the four figures for wave 2 so far. Not sure if there will be others in wave 2. I believe they said these will be available at Target in March and from other retailers starting in April.

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                      HULK SMASH!
                      • Apr 3, 2010

double post
                      PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                        HULK SMASH!
                        • Apr 3, 2010

Any reason they are blowing Carol Danvers cover on the card? They can't call her Captain Marvel? Like in her MOVIE???
                        Based on that costume, they could have called her either Ms. Marvel or Warbird.
                        PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                          Verbose Member
                          • Mar 7, 2004

I think they didn't want to call her Captain Marvel, because she didn't wear that costume with that name. Call her Ms. Marvel and you confuse her with Kamala Khan. Call her Warbird...and basically no one remembers that. Carol Danvers is a name used in the movie and Endgame (Captain America refers to her as "Danvers"), so it's a bit clunky, but makes sense.

And I think "Shart Hulk" was because Shartimus Prime was the one who got to reveal it? But I would imagine there's a lot of sharting involved with "stupid" Hulk.

Chris
                          sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
                            Hi Ernie!!!
                            • Feb 15, 2004

So I guess people point to the sky and say... "Look there goes Carol Danvers!!"
                            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• JamesB.
                              • Dec 15, 2013

Originally posted by Mego-Amigo
                              To answer a couple of questions in this thread: They have only shown the four figures for wave 2 so far. Not sure if there will be others in wave 2. I believe they said these will be available at Target in March and from other retailers starting in April.
                              Thanks for the info, I appreciate it! I look forward to seeing these in stores.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎