Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rche
    channeling Bob Wills
    • Mar 26, 2008

It is fun finally seeing some of these in the local shop. Last I looked, all the monster/horror items were gone. Still had the same two Picard and Saru from earlier stock, and now there is a pair of Q and Locutus to go with them. I guess we don't have a lot of Trekkies around here.

Comment

• rche
      channeling Bob Wills
      • Mar 26, 2008

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
      I finally found some Mego figures at Walmart! They had two figures. I didn't need either of them, but at least I finally did see some at a Walmart.

I have the eMCe version of the Bride, but am strangely attracted to this green one. It hits the almost knockoff sort of vibe that makes me enjoy figures like the Horseman, glow Dracula, and the earlier version of the mummy. I do hope Megocorp continues to have quasi-original, just on the fringe of a licensed character monster figures in future waves.

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

Just imagine if she had orange-red or burgundy hair, gad that would have been an instant purchase for me .
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• SpideyDude73
          • Jul 5, 2019

I was really excited to walk in to a lone Wolfman hanging at Target last night. Hanger was torn a little and had a bend on one corner but that just means guilt-free opening! He was the last Universal monsters i needed and was hoping to find at retail.

The overall choice of characters and quality of them is certainly heading the right direction. I am excited again about new Megos!

Comment

• LonnieFisher
            Eloquent Member
            • Jan 19, 2008

A couple of damaged package Trek figures and nine Stan Lee figures at the Clackamas Target yesterday. It was hard leaving all the Stan Lee figures behind, but I really don't need any more web hand figures.

Comment

• puckace
              Museum Super Collector
              • Feb 5, 2009

I feel the same way. Except they are all yellow sweater web hands Stan Lee at my Target. I wonder which sweater is more prevalent?

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                Eloquent Member
                • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by puckace
                I feel the same way. Except they are all yellow sweater web hands Stan Lee at my Target. I wonder which sweater is more prevalent?
                The red sweater is a Target exclusive. So there probably isn't as many of them.

Comment

• Tiberiusguy
                  Museum Patron
                  • Aug 23, 2019

I totally want the red one, yellow one looks similar to green… someone hook me up? No target in Canada.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
                    A couple of damaged package Trek figures and nine Stan Lee figures at the Clackamas Target yesterday. It was hard leaving all the Stan Lee figures behind, but I really don't need any more web hand figures.

Eight days later and this store has sold one Stan Lee figure and the salt vampire. I think the market around here has been tapped out. The Walmart right down the road has nothing and the other close Target has the same three Rocketeers that it had over a week ago. Nothing new coming in and not much went out.

Comment

• KingKickass1983
                      Career Member
                      • Jan 19, 2019

In north New Jersey, Wal-mart seems to be the place to go for Mego figures... that's where I've been finding mine.

but will admit, if I need fodder bodies, I shop on ebay. Got both Ritchie and Woody for $15 total shipped.
                      Wanted:

Diamond select Spider-man hands. Long shot, I know...but ya never know..

Comment

• tmthor
                        God of Knock-offs
                        • Nov 29, 2005

Target Just put the Star Trek and the Stan Lee's on Clearance got several last night for $7.49

Comment

• The Batman Professor
                          Veteran Member
                          • Jul 15, 2010

Finally found an EXORCIST at Wally in Spring Mills WV. I laughed all the way home - a Mego EXORCIST - madness.
                          sigpicSWEAR TO ME!

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                            Eloquent Member
                            • Jan 19, 2008

The only figures I've seen at Walmart are Frankenstein and Bride of Frankenstein. None of the new figures have gone on clearance in Portland.

Comment

• rche
                              channeling Bob Wills
                              • Mar 26, 2008

It would be interesting to see how these are ordered from the individual WM stores. I thought the cases with Hammer Drac also had Wonka, but our local had a batch of Mego come in a couple of months ago with Red Death, Q, Locutus, the Hammer vampire, Ultraman, and Reagan. No Wonka tho, and no reorder since then. All the monsters are gone, tho one Ultraman and one Reagan showed back up on the shelves for a week or so. Most of the Trek is still there along with the pair of Picard and Saru that have been there for quite some time.
                              I'd love to find the Bride and Franky there.

WM is odd about their clearance stuff as well. Our store just cleared out all the Playmobil stuff at something like 75% off. Some of that has only been on the shelf a couple of weeks. I would think that the Trek Mego stuff would have had a clearance tag on long ago if shelf life was the issue, but there is some other logic behind the ordering that would be handy to have some insight into.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎