X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

Originally posted by The Batman Professor
    I live in the "land of WalMarts" but the nearest one to my house that stocks Megos is an hour away. Especially now with must-haves like Lee Dracula and Batman, it frustrates me that I have to resort to ebay to secure these items.

Just for reference, on my 35min commute to work each day, I pass three WalMarts, none of which carry Mego.
    there are plenty of online sellers you can purchase frmo at better prices than ebay. try Frank Wojo, he is Frank on the MM. his prices are fair and he packages as a collector so everything arrives nice and pristine

Comment

• apes3978
      Permanent Member
      • Nov 19, 2005

I went to the three Walmarts in the area, and one of them had new Mego figures.

Not much of a selection though. I think there were four figures all together.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
        Eloquent Member
        • Jan 19, 2008

I went to a Walmart and saw the same empty peg. I've never seen anything on the peg. It says horror on it. I don't know if they ever got any in. Sucks...

Comment

• powersthatbe
          Persistent Member
          • Sep 27, 2010

well anyway i went to my closest walmart to buy an electronic and saw an endcap of neca, defenders batarang etc which i never noticed before(i assumed it was in another close local endcap (which i always wondered why it never was filled with much) so Im happy to find and strange for me as this is the walmart i most frequent but just never noticed.

Comment

• apes3978
            Permanent Member
            • Nov 19, 2005

I was in Target the other day, and they still had some of the old batch of new Megos in stock- Al Bundy, Tootie Ramsey, and the dark haired Charlie's Angel were in stock aplenty...

Comment

• RonnyG
              Career Member
              • Apr 23, 2014

Just got back from Walmart in Porter Ranch, CA. Here's what I saw. They have plenty of POP figures though.
              IMG_20210312_151016.jpg
              Last edited by RonnyG; Mar 12, '21, 7:37 PM.

Comment

• Capt Kirk
                Museum Patron
                • Jan 15, 2005

I hear you, but as many others have suggested, I order online for any 'must-haves.' I've used BBTS with zero issues for years, and I have never heard one bad word about Frank Wojo.
                AUDACIEUX ET TENACE

Comment

• warlock664
                  Persistent Member
                  • Feb 15, 2009

I was in one of my local Wallys Saturday, and saw a Creature hanging on the pegs back in the entertainment section . I hadn’t bought a new Mego since they returned, but I just couldn’t pass him up for $14.88!
                  I swear, though, I’m NOT getting sucked back in to the 8” format!

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Jan 19, 2008

I went to Walmart yesterday and they didn't even have a peg for Mego. Their collectible section consisted of nine funko pop figures. I went to two Targets and saw Dr. Zaius an a bunch of Facts of Life and Charlie's Angles figures at one and nothing at the other.

Comment

• rche
                      channeling Bob Wills
                      • Mar 26, 2008

We have one local WM and the nearest Target is 100 mi away, so my finding 'in the wild' is pretty limited. The WM had nothing for a long time, then a couple of Saru and Picard showed up and went away (assumed sold). They have only ever had those two characters on the pegs and the last batch seems to be hanging out there at 2 and 2 for each figure. I am guessing that those are the only figures in those case assortments and our local market has now hit saturation on how many folks want single Trek figures from different shows.

Comment

• imlaughing2death
                        • Jul 20, 2020

I picked up Creech from the Meijer next to where I work, and saw other Megos at my local Target and Walmarts, so next month when the Mummy comes out, I have plenty of places I can check before I have to order one online. Maybe if I'm lucky, I'll see one when I look for the NECA Empire State Kong and Frankenstein figures.

Comment

• MIB41
                          Eloquent Member
                          • Sep 25, 2005

My Meijers right down from me had Ultraman, Wonka, Locutus, and the heroes. They sell very well.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                            Eloquent Member
                            • Jan 19, 2008

Plenty of Mego figures at Mall 205 in Portland, if you're into that kind of thing...

Comment

• TrekStar
                              Trek or Treat
                              • Jan 20, 2011

The Target and Walmart in my area have no mego’s at all, and there is no sign of them ever being there, very depressing.

Comment

• powersthatbe
                                Persistent Member
                                • Sep 27, 2010

the last three walmarts by me i have shopped at the past couple days all had a lot of new megos on the shelves. hammer,it,phantom opera,ultraman

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎