Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MEGO Kid
    Museum Super Collector
    • Nov 5, 2018

Yeah, I'm getting too old for that crap. Bout wore myself out going to two Targets in the area a couple of years ago and finding the same old Brady Bunch Alice stuff all the time. I'll be ordering them from now on and if I'm in Wally World and find one, it's just bonus points for the day

Comment

• rykerw1701
      Persistent Member
      • Aug 27, 2007

Originally posted by MEGO Kid
      Yeah, I'm getting too old for that crap. Bout wore myself out going to two Targets in the area a couple of years ago and finding the same old Brady Bunch Alice stuff all the time. I'll be ordering them from now on and if I'm in Wally World and find one, it's just bonus points for the day
      This was exactly my experience. I hadn't made an effort to look for toys in any store in years, but admit I hit the local Targets many times looking for Megos, only to find Alice or Blair staring back at me. And also, if I'm in Walmart now, I try to remember to walk through the toy aisle, knowing I won't see anything Mego there. I just order them online and save the time and aggravation.

Comment

• MIB41
        Eloquent Member
        • Sep 25, 2005

I am letting DJ have the shelf experience as much as possible, while I take the online approach for myself. Now this doesn't mean DJ doesn't get that as well on figures he really wants. An example is Wonka, which I ordered two of, but others I want him to get in the wild. And honestly I'm not relying too much on Walmart or Target to fill those gaps. We have a vendor in a local Toy mall that gets them in as they're released and they've been to the Mego Meet and know everyone. So that's about as tight a connection as I could hope for in Louisville. Good people.

Now with the heroes, we've had the good fortune to be surrounded by as many Meijers as Walmarts and Targets. So we can literally drive two miles up the street and get those for $12.99. They keep them stocked and I'm in there enough with grocery shopping to see the existing figures sell off and get filled back. So the one closest to me is doing healthy business on Megos. I'm hoping we see the other heroes in those stores as well.

Comment

• apes3978
          Permanent Member
          • Nov 19, 2005

I have only checked one of the three Walmart stores in the area, and they did *not* have any of the NuMegos. There were empty pegs, but I didn't look closely at the stickers to see if they had Megos on them at one time or not... I will be checking out the original Walmart in this area, the main one as it were, to see if they have any-If they don't carry them, it's doubtful the other two will ever carry them, as they seem to take their cue on what to stock from the original store.

Are these new figures only being sold in the box stores and/or thru collectors websites? I ask because I'm wondering if the local comic/collectibles store might end up carrying them? If they do, I'd throw my business their way...

Comment

• Krypt0nite
            Radioactive!
            • Feb 13, 2010

Just a reminder: Walmart is NOT putting these in the toy aisle. These are being stocked in the collectibles section in the electronics department.

Comment

• apes3978
              Permanent Member
              • Nov 19, 2005

Originally posted by Krypt0nite
              Just a reminder: Walmart is NOT putting these in the toy aisle. These are being stocked in the collectibles section in the electronics department.
              Thank you for the tip-I didn't realize they stocked them apart from the toy department.

Comment

• MEGO Kid
                Museum Super Collector
                • Nov 5, 2018

Originally posted by Krypt0nite
                Interesting. The one Mego I found by accident in WalMart (Picard) I found in the toy isle. But I'll start looking in electronics. Thanks for the tip

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                  Often invisible
                  • Jul 18, 2002

I mean, in the third post of this thread I gave people the heads up to look in the electronics isle. How hilarious would it be if a bunch of the people complaining that their store doesn’t have Megos were looking in the wrong isle!!
                  Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• puckace
                    Museum Super Collector
                    • Feb 5, 2009

It is inconsistent. They are only supposed to be in some Walmarts. I have found them at one of the listed Walmarts in electronics. They are not supposed to be in my hometown Walmart. But I found them randomly laying on a shelf near the Pops in electronics and abandoned on a peg in the toy aisle at this Walmart. No shelf space or tags have ever been placed for Mego in my local Walmart. So are they expanding the presence of Mego to all Walmarts or did my store just get sent a case by mistake? My hope is they will be in all stores soon.

Unfortunately, when I make the trip to the Walmart that is supposed to stock Mego, I'm mostly rewarded with empty pegs.
                    Last edited by puckace; Feb 12, '21, 2:50 PM.

Comment

• powersthatbe
                      Persistent Member
                      • Sep 27, 2010

I did find a TCM today at a walmart. noticed they used trek legs/boots on him which i thought was cool.

Comment

• powersthatbe
                        Persistent Member
                        • Sep 27, 2010

on the electronics note yeah that's where i find them.in fact the one i went to tonight they were locked in a case and asked the clerk to get it and he rang me up right there.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                          Hi Ernie!!!
                          • Feb 15, 2004

At my local Walmart Leatherface and Saru are peg warming along with Legolas
                          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                            Muddling through
                            • Oct 4, 2008

i went to one a few weeks ago and they had a bunch of Saru and a bunch of Hannibal. there are 4 Walmarts in my area but 3 are 45 minutes away in different directions and 1 is an hour so i rarely go

Comment

• thunderbolt
                              Hi Ernie!!!
                              • Feb 15, 2004

my local one has one or two Hannibal's. A mess of Leatherface tho, like 6 or more. 4 Saru and a couple Candymen too.
                              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• The Batman Professor
                                Veteran Member
                                • Jul 15, 2010

I live in the "land of WalMarts" but the nearest one to my house that stocks Megos is an hour away. Especially now with must-haves like Lee Dracula and Batman, it frustrates me that I have to resort to ebay to secure these items.

Just for reference, on my 35min commute to work each day, I pass three WalMarts, none of which carry Mego.
                                sigpicSWEAR TO ME!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎