X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mod Style
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 1, 2009

I'm done searching Wal Mart and Target for Megos

I was excited when I heard Mego was coming to Target. Target is about 60 miles from me and anytime I was within 20 or 30 miles of that area I felt compelled to go there and search. Very low success rate. Out of about a dozen trips there I found what I was looking for twice. I had no desire for Tootie, Norm, etc. Wal Mart is ten minutes from my house, so I was super excited when I read Megos were coming. Same story. Out of dozens of trips to Wal Mart I had my choice of the two or three peg warmers that were there but found what I wanted maybe twice . It finally dawned on me that I was repeating the same action over and over expecting a different result. The thrill of finding Megos in the wild at retail has finally been overpowered by frustration. I don't know where the weak link is in the supply chain and at this point I don't care. I'm done.
  • TheVintageToyKid
    Career Member
    • Jul 23, 2019

I know the feeling. I would love it if all the stores in my area that are overwhelmed with Funko Pops would replace all of them with an equal amount and just as much variety of Mego figures. They would be so much more popular if they could just get out to the market more than they currently are.
    "I thought they didn't allow no bathin' suits in here."

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
      Often invisible
      • Jul 18, 2002

Target hasn’t been carrying new Mego figures since 2019, but they are going to start carrying new figures this year.

Was your Walmart on the list of stores that carry Mego? Some people couldn’t find them even when their store made the list because they were making the mistake of looking in the toy isle as opposed to the electronics section.
      Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• RonnyG
        Career Member
        • Apr 23, 2014

I know the feeling. After a while, it feels like beating a dead horse. Same thing with the MOTU line. After driving all over town (and out of town) for 2 weeks visiting different Walmarts, I finally collected line 1, then I said to myself, do I really want to do this again for wave 2, wave 3, etc... and the answer was no! I was burnt out! By that time, I didn't even care anymore.

Comment

• Mod Style
          Veteran Member
          • Aug 1, 2009

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
          Target hasn’t been carrying new Mego figures since 2019, but they are going to start carrying new figures this year.

Was your Walmart on the list of stores that carry Mego? Some people couldn’t find them even when their store made the list because they were making the mistake of looking in the toy isle as opposed to the electronics section.
          Yeah, this Wal Mart has/had them but more often than not, the pegs were empty.

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
            Persistent Member
            • Jun 22, 2011

As much fun as it is finding Megos and MOTU Origins you are looking for on store pegs I have come to the conclusion that more often than not there's going to be the same old peg warmers and / or empty pegs. I just preorder everything from BBTS now as soon as it's announced and not worry about chasing them down in stores. I still check Wal-Mart and Target from time to time and if I find something I'm looking for it's a surprise. If not then it's still coming in the mail later.

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

The problem with relying on mail-order is one never knows about condition. I'm particularly interested in paint apps.

Also, some vendors only take certain types of payment, effectively rendering me a second-class customer.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
                Persistent Member
                • Jun 22, 2011

I am also very picky about condition of figure and package since my primary collection is MIB/MOC so I normally do the collector grade option on BBTS if offered on the particular item. I am also very picky about paint apps. The paint apps are fine on most of the figures I get in the mail with a few exceptions but beggars can't be choosers.

Comment

• zeedox
                  Career Member
                  • Aug 10, 2007

Condition?

To be honest I have found in store being more of an issue than ordering if condition of the package is a concern. The old days of many products on the shelf is gone. Folks are handling in store.

Comment

• TrekStar
                    Trek or Treat
                    • Jan 20, 2011

I don’t mean to sound stupid, maybe this has already been mentioned? but could Paul (Dr. Mego) sell the new mego figures on his website?

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                      Muddling through
                      • Oct 4, 2008

i stopped at one of the local Walmarts today and they had about half dozen each of Saru and Hannibal. didn't need either but one of each anyway, lol

Comment

• wise guy
                        Career Member
                        • Dec 29, 2014

I have 7 Wallmarts in my area and none of them carry any Mego figures ,but do have Funko, and Neca. The only Wallmart that is supposed to have them is a small town 20 miles south of here that doesn't know what they are when you call

Comment

• Mikey
                          Verbose Member
                          • Aug 9, 2001

I only use Walmart for home delivery of multiple cases of canned Great Value stewed tomatoes --- my winter sustenance.

Comment

• Type3Toys
                            Home Of The Type3 Body
                            • Jan 18, 2005

While finding a Mego figure out in the wild is fun, I do not and will not rely on that as my primary method of get the figures I want. To many online sources between stores and personal retailers. If you ask around, you can find them at a pretty fair price.
                            LOOK
                            Action Figure Design & Prototypes
                            For Samples See Home -Type 3 Body & Spiderman
                            To Contact: type3toys@comcast.net

Comment

• zeedox
                              Career Member
                              • Aug 10, 2007

Is it they are not making enough? Or ordering enough?
                              I bought a Saru and a Rocky in store, passed on Silent of the Lambs. That's what I have seen at Walmart.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎