Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

eBay... eBay... eBay... got to be a better way...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YoungOnce
    Career Member
    • Aug 29, 2007

eBay... eBay... eBay... got to be a better way...

I know this is the second eBay post I've made in a couple of weeks... the last was about PayPal going away... sorry.

Now the dashboard on my "Sellers Hub" has changed to something that looks like a 1992 spread sheet. Honestly, who thought that this was an improvement over what they had?

I feel like I've gone backwards from 4K TV to a set of rabbit ear antennas. And I can find no reliable "Google instructions" to get back to the old version. Any eBay sellers on here that can offer advice?

I gotta find another way to sell this stack of old comic books...
  • Mikey
    Verbose Member
    • Aug 9, 2001

Originally posted by YoungOnce
    ……...

I gotta find another way to sell this stack of old comic books...
    Find a local comic shop or non furniture antique store and ask them if they would sell them for you on consignment.

If you have some decent issues they may advertise and bring in business into their shop.

Comment

• Adam West
      Museum CPA
      • Apr 14, 2003

I have found FB collectors pages to be good. I started one myself with something I collect and it is not only sharing information, but items for sale. All of the deep pocket collectors belong so if someone has something pretty valuable to sell; chances are they will get their asking price and not have to pay EBAY fees. I have purchased items myself from FB collector pages, FB marketplace, Mercari, ETSY....I collect some OOP vinyls and can find them on Discogs. I don't know if there is a comic site where you can sell. As a buyer, I really don't like bidding on auctions anymore and prefer the seller to just set the price they want and consider offers. For now, EBAY is still the major place, but I am definitely seeing alternative sites and ways sellers are taking their wares and getting as much if not more than they would on EBAY.
      "The farther we go, the more the ultimate explanation recedes from us, and all we have left is faith."
      ~Vaclav Hlavaty

Comment

• YoungOnce
        Career Member
        • Aug 29, 2007

Thanks for some great leads! I’ve joined a few FB comic book selling groups and I’ll spend a week or two getting the lay of the land.

Comment

• Blue Meanie
          Banned
          • Jun 23, 2001

This is the other thread about Managed Payments Ebay is no instituting to all the sellers. It's just an absolute mess at Ebay right now. Try getting an actual person to answer anything...looks like it's all algorithms:

Comment

• drquest
            ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
            • Apr 17, 2012

Originally posted by Blue Meanie
            This is the other thread about Managed Payments Ebay is no instituting to all the sellers. It's just an absolute mess at Ebay right now. Try getting an actual person to answer anything...looks like it's all algorithms:

http://megomuseum.com/community/show...payment-system
            I will say so far the payments have been pretty quick to me. I still wish it would go into Paypal as that's where my fun money is deposited.
            Danny(Drquest)
            Captain Action HQ
            Retro shirts and stuff
            More retro shirts
            Stuff For Sale

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡