X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • B-Lister
    Eccentric Weirdo
    • Mar 19, 2010

Cloris Leachman RIP

Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

Ach, I teared up hearing of this while driving home. She was an evergreen, versatile talent--I thought she was wonderful in every performance I've seen. RIP.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• shaunaconda
      Museum Super Collector
      • Mar 29, 2020

Loved her as Nurse Diesel in High Anxiety!

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
        Muddling through
        • Oct 4, 2008

loved her. she was great in Beer Fest. RIP!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

Frau Blucher alone makes her iconic, but she did so much more. I liked her as the super prickly grandma on Malcom in the Middle as well.

Always a name I loved to see in the credits. RIP.

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• Wee67
            Museum Correspondent
            • Apr 2, 2002

She was so good in so many different types of roles, too- the embittered housewife in The Last Picture, as Dorothy Parker in Ladies in the Corridor and, of course, the iconic comedic roles. As a sitcom guy, she'll always be Phyllis to me. I'm happy she had such a great career. I hope her life was the same. RIP.
            WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• newlyknighted
              Persistent Member
              • Feb 21, 2010

What a fantastic actress she was. I believe her work will continue to make people laugh for decades to come. RIP.
              I post in thy general direction!

Comment

• jwyblejr
                galactic yo-yo
                • Apr 6, 2006

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                Frau Blucher alone makes her iconic, but she did so much more. I liked her as the super prickly grandma on Malcom in the Middle as well.

Always a name I loved to see in the credits. RIP.

Chris
                The story goes with Blucher,she didn't know what it meant until she asked Mel Brooks about it when Young Frankenstein:The Musical opened. She said to Mel "I don't get it. Every time they mention my name,the horses react the way they do. Why is that?" Mel told her it's because it's German for glue.

Comment

• Mikey
                  Verbose Member
                  • Aug 9, 2001

Nobody ever mentions this but she was pretty hot in her younger years

I would have definitely hit that

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

Wee, thank you for mentioning Ladies of the Corridor--I did not know of it and will seek it out.
                    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• RonnyG
                      Career Member
                      • Apr 23, 2014

She made a lot of those thriller/shock made for TV movies that were so common in the early 1970s. My favorite is "Dying Room Only" with Ross Martin and Dabney Coleman. They reran that one quite a bit on the afternoon TV movie in the early 1980s when I would come home from school. Scared the crap out of me because my parents were still at work, and I was home alone. LOL

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎