X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CrimsonGhost
    Often invisible
    • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by The Bat
    WOW! Haven't been on the Museum in awhile...this was a nice surprise. Loaded up my BBTS Pre-Orders, but wish I could have seen the head sculpts. Hell, I don't even know if it's Hal Jordon...but I guess I can always cancel if it isn't.
    It isn’t.
    Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• pmwasson
      Maker
      • Sep 12, 2007

Originally posted by Dark Shadow
      Just out of curiosity, where was this announced? So far, I haven't seen these two mentioned. Thanks!
      It was posted on Facebook by some of the Mego dealers, like Frank Wojo of Absolutely Retro:

sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• Dark Shadow
        Creature Of The Night
        • May 14, 2011

Originally posted by pmwasson
        It was posted on Facebook by some of the Mego dealers, like Frank Wojo of Absolutely Retro:...
        Thank you, I appreciate it!

Comment

• Robert_Anthony
          Museum Patron
          • Sep 5, 2015

8″ DC Comic The Flash

8″ DC Comics The Green Lantern
          SWEET!

Comment

• The Bat
            Batman Fanatic
            • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
            It isn’t.
            Thanks, appreciate the heads up.
            sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by The Bat
              Thanks, appreciate the heads up.
              It’s John Stewart
              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• danadoll
                Micronaut Nut!
                • Apr 11, 2005

Yay! I'm excited for the Actual Universal Wolf Man! Whoo! My hope, with the Son of Frank, Frankie...is that we may also get a Bela Lugosi, Ygor at some point too? I would love that (I know a lot of you monster fans would too...it's one Bela's best roles IMHO)!

Dana
                "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                  Verbose Member
                  • Mar 7, 2004

^I'm definitely hoping we get a Bela as Ygor. He needs to come with this horn!

Chris
                  sigpic

Comment

• headache
                    • Jul 11, 2019

Well, we can thank ME for the announcement on Dr. McCoy. Allow me to explain:

For about 5 years, I've been seeing the original Mego Dr. McCoy at a resale shop. Price $38.00. (Also a Cornelius, same price.) The good Dr. has been locked up in a case, so I never asked to see it up close.

When Mego came back, I thought there would be a good chance of a new McCoy release, so that helped prevent me from purchasing the resale shop McCoy. But when years went by with no new Mego McCoy, I started thinking about resale McCoy again.

Early this January, I won a whopping $20.00 on a scratch-off, so I decided to spring for the resale McCoy! I went to the resale shop to get him. As the clerk was retrieving him from the locked case, I actually thought to myself, "Now that I'm paying $38.00 for this old Mego Dr. McCoy, Mego should probably be announcing a New McCoy some time soon."

AND WAH-LAH!!! Now that I own that original Mego Dr. McCoy, Mego has indeed announced a new version!

YOU'RE ALL WELCOME!!!

I'll get the new version. He'll join my new Spock and original Spock, my original Uhura and my original Scotty. (I have bought all the available new Treks except the "Formal Attire" versions.)

By the way, at the resale shop, I also looked at the $38.00 Cornelius. He's got his clothes, but he's all broken up inside. No shoes, either. I'm glad I didn't purchase him. I will get the new Mego Cornelius to replace my long ago broken and now missing Cornelius. My original Dr. Zaius broke too, but my older sister put him back together for me, though he's loose and can't be posed.

All great news on these new releases. Now if I could only find them! The Crystal Lake IL Walmart near me had been emptied out after Christmas, but recently they had two original version Hannibals. So whatever other stock came in with them disappeared immediately. I'm at that store at least once a week.

I hope a Young Frankenstein version of Frankenstein's Monster is released eventually. Yes... "Pu-in-on RITZ!!!"

Comment

• danadoll
                      Micronaut Nut!
                      • Apr 11, 2005

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                      ^I'm definitely hoping we get a Bela as Ygor. He needs to come with this horn!

Chris
                      Agreed!
                      "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Comment

• DetectiveFork
                        • May 20, 2012

Why does MEGO take so long to reveal product photos? It's frustrating pre-ordering the figures on BBTS and never knowing what they look like until pretty much when they come out.

Comment

• JamesB.
                          • Dec 15, 2013

Went on the Universal Monster Army site tonight, and came across what seems to be pics of the carded upcoming Universal Monsters lineup - FRANKENSTEIN, BRIDE, SON, THE WOLF MAN and YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN. The photos are a bit blurry, but it's nice to see what they'll look like.

Last edited by JamesB.; Feb 19, '21, 1:57 AM.

Comment

• MIB41
                            Eloquent Member
                            • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by JamesB.
                            Went on the Universal Monster Army site tonight, and came across what seems to be pics of the carded upcoming Universal Monsters lineup - FRANKENSTEIN, BRIDE, SON, THE WOLF MAN and YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN. The photos are a bit blurry, but it's nice to see what they'll look like.

http://www.universalmonsterarmy.com/...?topic=35132.0
                            I was under the impression they were making a new head sculpt for Wolfman but nevertheless these look very good. Those who missed out on the DS Wolfman will have another shot at a lower price so that's good news.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                              Hi Ernie!!!
                              • Feb 15, 2004

Dr Mego said a few weeks ago that the wolf man was a repop of the emce version. I like the screaming werewolf version better.
                              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• MIB41
                                Eloquent Member
                                • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                                Dr Mego said a few weeks ago that the wolf man was a repop of the emce version. I like the screaming werewolf version better.
                                Agreed. I thought the Screaming Werewolf captured more of that screen likeness. Since I already have that DS version, I might kitbash this Mego Wolfman with the Screaming Werewolf and do a few paint mods.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎