Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • phil
    Persistent Member
    • May 11, 2007

I also suspect there will be some sort of fake Godzilla in the movie. Kong having his own version of Stormbreaker is kind of fun.

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

They Robocopped Ghidorah's brain
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• TrekStar
        Trek or Treat
        • Jan 20, 2011

I have to agree we’re not seeing the real Godzilla. So the real big G shows up later, Kong thinks he’s seeing double, the voodoo witch doctor on skull island dances up some thunderstorms, sends a lightning bolt and hits Kong on his big fury butt, Kong goes ape, tears apart Mecha G, then kung fu kicks real G, pounds his chest, picks up a blonde and swims home.

Comment

• Hector
          el Hombre de Acero
          • May 19, 2003

sigpic

Comment

• Mikey
            Verbose Member
            • Aug 9, 2001

Would be neat if they could work Mechani-Kong in there too but I think Rankin/Bass owns him

Comment

• Random Axe
              The Voice of Reason
              • Apr 16, 2008

Every film in this series I keep hoping for a Jet jaguar appearance. Every film leaves me slightly disappointed.
              I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• Mikey
                Verbose Member
                • Aug 9, 2001

Originally posted by Random Axe
                Every film in this series I keep hoping for a Jet jaguar appearance. Every film leaves me slightly disappointed.
                Isn't Jet Jaguar owned by a contest winner and can't be remade without his/her permission ?

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

Toho owns him. They merchandise him too
                  You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• MIB41
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by palitoy
                    One of my main complaints about Godzilla movies in general is "The ground crew" story is usually kinda boring and/or stupid. "Mechagodzilla" is my favourite all time big G film because I love the Space Apes angle.
                    Agreed. When the human leads are fashioned with 'life issues' that are poorly woven into a story that doesn't need them, it distracts from the main narrative. It slows down the pacing and makes you see them like the average horror film victim. You WANT the monster to kill them. Kong did a better job of staying on point.

Comment

• monitor_ep
                      Talkative Member
                      • May 11, 2013

Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Hector
                        el Hombre de Acero
                        • May 19, 2003

Yeah, liked that SB trailer. I’m a huge Kong fan, but thought the first trailer was too pro-Kong. Nice to see Godzilla land that big haymaker and knocking down Kong.

So deducting from both trailers, Kong lands, Godzilla doesn’t fall, but when Godzilla hits, Kong falls. It’s obvious that Godzilla is stronger, thus Kong needing that special axe to even the odds.
                        sigpic

Comment

• TrekStar
                          Trek or Treat
                          • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by Hector
                          Yeah, liked that SB trailer. I’m a huge Kong fan, but thought the first trailer was too pro-Kong. Nice to see Godzilla land that big haymaker and knocking down Kong.

So deducting from both trailers, Kong lands, Godzilla doesn’t fall, but when Godzilla hits, Kong falls. It’s obvious that Godzilla is stronger, thus Kong needing that special axe to even the odds.
                          Or chew on some high voltage wires.

Comment

• Confessional
                            Maker & Whatnot
                            • Aug 8, 2012

Originally posted by Hector
                            … too pro-Kong.
                            No-such-ever-freekin'-silly-thing! GO APE!

The ax is kinda wack… I'd rather see him with a radioactive, giant T-Rex femur. Look, the really interesting story would be that Big-G and Kong spar a while for fun, then they turn in tandem upon humanity.

Comment

• TrekStar
                              Trek or Treat
                              • Jan 20, 2011

Actually I’m kind of surprised Kong doesn’t take out his frustration on humanity, after all he was happy and minding his own business while being worshiped by the island inhabitants and playing with his dinosaur neighbors. Then those mean nasty outsiders who just can’t mind there own business, show up uninvited completely ruin everything, and of course have to bring a girl with golden blonde hair to make things worse. The natives get restless, Kong falls in love has to fight his once good friends to protect her, then gets gassed by these unwelcome invaders, taken away chained from his safe island sanctuary jungle to instead the concrete jungle, put on display so these infidels can stare at him, and while the poor guy terrified finally escapes to find his only true love, he gets riddled down by airplane machine guns like a common crook. I ask you, where is the justice in all this?

Comment

• PNGwynne
                                Master of Fowl Play
                                • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by Confessional
                                ... Big-G and Kong spar a while for fun, then they turn in tandem upon humanity.
                                We deserve it.
                                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎