X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Everything we know about Mego’s plans for Planet of the Apes

Last night, in a Mego Ambassadors live stream, Marty Abrams himself announced in a pre-recorded message that Mego had signed a deal for the Planet of the Apes license. This brings a lot of joy to a large percentage of Mego collectors who have lobbied for a return to the forbidden zone since the…

More...
  • Mikey
    Verbose Member
    • Aug 9, 2001

Wonderful !!!

Fingers crossed for a blue variant Dr Zaius

Comment

• shazam7208
      Career Member
      • Oct 28, 2008

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! Loving it, but sure sounds expensive! Going to have to start saving now!

Comment

• Timothy2251
        Jerks beef with Ten Bears
        • Mar 15, 2008

Has Confessional been informed?!? The lad is all about Apes, what with the massive collection he's built, so he's gots to know about this!
        "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• TrekStar
          Trek or Treat
          • Jan 20, 2011

This is great news, I’m starting to save now.

Comment

• Liu Bei
            Banned
            • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by TrekStar
            This is great news, I’m starting to save now.
            Agreed, and boy do I hope they break out the vintage sculpts. I really don’t want to see a heavy focus on the most recent trilogy. They are good movies, but not nearly as toyetic as the originals.

Comment

• glimpy
              Loco Chango
              • Feb 5, 2012

I never knew of a blue variant.
              sigpic

Comment

• apes3978
                Permanent Member
                • Nov 19, 2005

Originally posted by glimpy
                I never knew of a blue variant.
                There was never a blue variant of Zaius made by Mego...

I'm guessing (and correct me if I'm wrong) that Mikey was referring to hoping that Mego does a blue variant of Zaius, based on the blue garb he's dressed in on the Addar model kit box, one of the banks, and some of the other non-Mego merchandise from the 70s.

Comment

• Confessional
                  Maker & Whatnot
                  • Aug 8, 2012

Addar Zaius would rock!, but me thinks the Fox-Mousehouse isn't going to allow such artistic license. With recent Apes licensing, you see either highly stylized or true to character, with nothing in between as the vintage artwork depicts.

Comment

• palitoy
                    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                    • Jun 16, 2001

So the first figure has been announced for March. It's a reproduction of Zaius, I have been told that original creations are being worked on but a straight reproduction is the easiest to get out the door.
                    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Confessional
                      Maker & Whatnot
                      • Aug 8, 2012

Well, that's predictable for sure, but maybe Mego can do something with the outfits (changes of color/textures/designs/accessories) to make them more screen accurate. That would be a worthy change to encourage more sales.

NECA's Soldier Ape and Taylor sold pretty well; it was the low sales of the Classic 7" line that halted production. I hope Mego payed attention to that loyalty, with the constant feedback to go beyond a basic repro. NECA, Mezco, Weta, Funko, etc. have been keeping the fires burning; Mego needs to pour the gas on!

Comment

• palitoy
                        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                        • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Confessional

NECA's Soldier Ape and Taylor sold pretty well; it was the low sales of the Classic 7" line that halted production. I hope Mego payed attention to that loyalty, with the constant feedback to go beyond a basic repro. NECA, Mezco, Weta, Funko, etc. have been keeping the fires burning; Mego needs to pour the gas on!
                        I have no concrete things to reveal but from my conversations, I get the vibe they have interesting plans for the line and it won't be all reproductions.
                        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• TheVintageToyKid
                          Career Member
                          • Jul 23, 2019

We need Taylor and his two astronaut pals.
                          "I thought they didn't allow no bathin' suits in here."

Comment

• TheVintageToyKid
                            Career Member
                            • Jul 23, 2019

We also need Eric Braeden and the Ape-onauts from Escape From the Planet of the Apes.
                            "I thought they didn't allow no bathin' suits in here."

Comment

• Chris
                              Persistent Member
                              • Dec 23, 2009

Hope they do deluxe figures and variant figures based on the cartoon. I'm in. I will even buy their Zaius re-re-release.
                              I pray this line is a smashing success. Can we push this ahead of the Covid vaccine? The world needs these figures.
                              If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎