Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Big Announcement in Ambassadors tonight.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fun guy
    Veteran Member
    • Apr 24, 2011

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
    awesome news. can't wait to see them. now all 3 classic Mego licences are back. Trek, Apes, and WGSH!
    Man,this is the best news yet.

Comment

• Avenging Robot
      • Jun 1, 2012

I was beginning to wonder if POTA was off as a possibility due to Disney and disappointing EMCE sales. This is great news although we'll have to be patient.

Comment

• alex
        Permanent Member
        • Jun 15, 2009

As long as we dont get a run of the originals, or basically the EMCE ones, but atleast new characters, like the mutant leaders etc.

Comment

• palitoy
          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
          • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by alex
          As long as we dont get a run of the originals, or basically the EMCE ones, but atleast new characters, like the mutant leaders etc.
          I think some originals would help bring in new people but it seems like new characters will also be involved.
          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
            Persistent Member
            • Jun 22, 2011

I do hope for reissues of the originals, especially Urko and Ursus. I also hope to see new characters like Taylor and Nova though I wonder if Disney would permit Nova being made for the same reason they won't permit any more SW Slave Leia's to be produced.

Comment

• powersthatbe
              Persistent Member
              • Sep 27, 2010

Great news. really had doubts would come back to mego as Dr Mego has stated they didn't sell well under DST, but I welcome The Return of The Planet of the Apes!

Comment

• JoeMego
                • Oct 29, 2018

YES. I will buy ALL OF THEM. I love Mego Apes more than any other original line. I will army build THE HELL out of this. $15 is the perfect price point to do so. A great addition to my VERY BIG Apes collection. GO APE.

Comment

• Timothy2251
                  Jerks beef with Ten Bears
                  • Mar 15, 2008

Originally posted by Confessional
                  Then God, in His wrath, sent the world a savior, miraculously born of two apes who had descended on Earth from Earth's own future.

And man was afraid, for both parent apes possessed the power of speech.

So both were brutally murdered.

But the child ape survived and grew up to set his fellow creatures free from the yoke of human slavery.
                  Good! You heard the news! Time to reserve some space in your award winning collection for ALL NEW MEGO APES!!!!!!!

I am seriously happy for you right now, sir!
                  "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• Timothy2251
                    Jerks beef with Ten Bears
                    • Mar 15, 2008

Originally posted by monitor_ep
                    I am really surprised that Disney is letting another company in there toybox, but really Mego/EMCE already has the molds/patterns so why not.
                    I'm just hoping these sell well enough that Disney considers letting Mego play in their toybox some more. Dare I mention Marvel? Indiana Jones? Star Wars?

Mego now has a foot in the door, so here's hoping this is the start of something awesome!
                    "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• powersthatbe
                      Persistent Member
                      • Sep 27, 2010

pardon,but How are megos selling btw? from my pov i would say very well. always seem to be sold out at walmarts. and preorders at bbts sell out fast.

Comment

• Liu Bei
                        Banned
                        • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by powersthatbe
                        pardon,but How are megos selling btw? from my pov i would say very well. always seem to be sold out at walmarts. and preorders at bbts sell out fast.
                        I think they’re doing really well, now that Mego is mostly free to go their own way. Target nearly killed it with their sitcom-heavy stuff, but now that they’ve gone full speed ahead on horror and sci-fi I think they’re in a much better place.

Comment

• Liu Bei
                          Banned
                          • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by Mego-Amigo
                          I do hope for reissues of the originals, especially Urko and Ursus. I also hope to see new characters like Taylor and Nova though I wonder if Disney would permit Nova being made for the same reason they won't permit any more SW Slave Leia's to be produced.
                          I hope Disney is beyond all that nonsense by now.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                            Hi Ernie!!!
                            • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Liu Bei
                            I hope Disney is beyond all that nonsense by now.
                            that nonsense is blown out of proportion, they just don't want her referred to as Slave Leia. Jabba's Palace Leia or something like that is ok.
                            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Liu Bei
                              Banned
                              • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                              that nonsense is blown out of proportion, they just don't want her referred to as Slave Leia. Jabba's Palace Leia or something like that is ok.
                              At the risk of beating another dead horse, it was “blown put of proportion” because J. Scott Campbell said Disney was quietly phasing Slave Leia merchandising out, that no future merchandise of Leia in that outfit would ever be made again, and that he and the other Marvel artists had even been banned from drawing Star Wars women in “sexy poses”.

The story was even picked up by the Hollywood Reporter, Slate, Polygon, etc...

If it was simply a name change, a lot of industry professionals didn’t do the public any favors by failing to correct the record.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                                Hi Ernie!!!
                                • Feb 15, 2004

Has Campbell done much work after his Iron Man variant cover got pulled in 2016? They switched the code name to Hutt Slayer Leia.
                                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎