Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mattel Space:1999 Eagle Commercial

Images
    I had no idea there was a commercial for it. I was obsessed with the show, when I was little and I knew I wanted that ship, when I saw one in the store...bugged my mom endlessly...it showed up Christmas morning (I probably shared this photo before...I can't recall...).
    20171129_091657.jpg

Dana
    "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Such a great toy. Nice pic Dana!
    You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Images
    I was NOT a fan of the show as a kid, but I could not resist the awesome of this toy when my brother got it for Christmas. I played with it whenever he wasn't looking.
    WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Images
    Anyone else catch the kids calling out to “Alpha Control?” It instantly made me think of “Lost in Space” - I get the Alpha reference, but I wonder why they didn’t use “Moonbase Alpha” instead? Regardless, it’s a cool commercial that I’ve never seen before.

What an awesome toy. Can't believe I trashed mine when I was a kid.
    I remember this commercial. Especially the part about winching up the figure.

I do remember not being happy that the one figure could only be used in the seated position.

this and Akien Kenner 1979 and okay Six million Dollar Man greateset toys of the 70's

Images
    I got the Six Million Dollar Man that same year for Christmas, actually. You can see my sister holding her Bionic Woman figure (that she got) in the photo above too (and her Jaime Sommers/Lindsay Wagner poster on the wall behind us...LOL!).

Dana
    "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Images
    a friend had this back in the day. i loved the ship. the figures were crap

Images
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nostalgiabuff View Post
    ...the figures were crap
    That was the big turn-off for me. I admire the ship now, though--lovely toy.

BTW, interested to hear you used the Space: 1999 playset with Megos. I love playsets and was wondering about the scale of the accessories.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.