Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GiJoe pin head extreme

Images

GiJoe pin head extreme

Some early painted hair vintage GiJoes you'll find that their head has shrunk into to what most people call a pin head. They usually have a point at the top of the head where the neck post is at.

I saw this auction on eBay and I'm not sure I've ever seen a head with shrunken so much. Honestly I see it and it looks like something from the Beetlejuice movie it's so comical.

Images
    Blog Entries
    I've seen one close to that on eBay.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Images
    Since I'm about the same age as that GI Joe, all I can say is I'm glad I don't have that much of a point on my head.

Images
    Wow, I had no idea this was a thing. What causes this? Plasticizer breakdown or something like that?

Chris
    http://megomuseum.com/community/signaturepics/sigpic22_1.gif

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Earth 2 Chris View Post
    Wow, I had no idea this was a thing. What causes this? Plasticizer breakdown or something like that?

Chris
    Yeah they had issues with that on the early heads. Some you will find that are very rubbery, early 64 heads(referred to as gummy heads by some), but most of the 64-66 heads tend to harden. The later 67+ on to Adventure Team all are fairly pliable.

Images
    I saw a blonde Joe like that a couple years back. When I went to pull the trigger on it,it was gone. I believe it went for $50.

Images
    Here's another picture from that auction. Looks even smaller when you see more regular heads next to it.

Images
    Wowzers, I had not seen that before. I didn't know they did that.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Images
    i've heard the phrase before but wasn't sure what exactly it referred to. that is interesting. i have gotten some of the heads that harden, they can be softened temporarily with hot water to take on and off

Images
    Blog Entries
    Lol, always funny to see this.
    Obligatory "Coneheads" Comparison:
    The hands that grip.