Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Thread: The Stand

Images

The Stand

i've been watching. I admit I do not love this version. the TV miniseries frmo the nineties had better character development and you actually liked the characters. well maybe not all of them. most(not all) of the casting choices are pretty good but i just don't like the flashback story telling for this. i find it kind of distracting actually. i'll keep watching but what are your thoughts on it?

My favorite King book and one of my favorite mini-series of all time. I was really looking forward to watching this reboot but I have to agree with you. The flashback story telling absolutely DESTROYED this. I can't see anybody who watching this being able to follow the story line if they haven't read the book. Hell, I have read the book about a dozen times and I am have a hard time following it. VERY disappointing.

Images
    yeah, it's one of my all time favorite novels, period. i think the pacing of the story with the plague all being in flashbacks, takes too much away from who the characters were before, to what they become when called upon. i will finish it but overall it is a disappointment

Images
    Didn't watch the new series but the reviews seem typical to all remakes.

The Shining, Tommyknockers, Stand, It, Langoliers etc punched you in the face with events because they were on a limited time and budget.

Today, it's like -- let's make the Stand a TV series without a limited end date (depending on the ratings)

Of course it's going to be a piece of s_it
    .................................................. .......................

Images
    Ezra Miller as Trashcan Man was ridiculously over the top. the mewling noises he makes are really irritating

Quote Originally Posted by Nostalgiabuff View Post
    Ezra Miller as Trashcan Man was ridiculously over the top. the mewling noises he makes are really irritating
    I agree. Just about ALL of the casting sucks dead dog dirt. The entire mini-series is falling apart. I usually am pretty flexible with stuff and don't have strong opinions but I ABSOLUTELY HATEEEEEE this reboot. After the last episode I am asking myself why I am still watching this.

Images
    this thing is a hot mess. whoever gave the teleplay the greenlight should be fired. i don't care if Kings son wrote the teleplay. it's just bad, really, really bad. there is no character development at all. you just don't care about any of them, not even a villain you can really hate. the flashbacks to show the plague instead of having it evolve in real time just did not work. there was no feeling of fear of what was happening

such a shame too, i was really looking forward to it. oh well, still have the book, and the original miniseries

Rats in the corn!

Quote Originally Posted by ODBJBG View Post
    Rats in the corn!
    Flies in the buttermilk!