Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blue Meanie
    Banned
    • Jun 23, 2001

Favorite episode so far. Only thing I don't like about this episode is that it drive up the price on West Coast Avengers #45. One of the few issues in the Byrne run I don't have yet. Didn't think much of it and thought it was just going to be a "blip" as far as price on that book. Since this episode dropped...prices are STUPID right now.

Longer episode and I'd love to get some thoughts on the opening of the episode...but I don't want to spoil anything for anyone that hasn't seen this yet. Finale for season one is definitely going to be interesting. One other thing...Thank God they went away from the "TV Series" look of the show. It got really tedious and boring. I think that is why I have enjoyed the last 3 episodes so far. Less comedy and more story. Just my opinion though.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

^The revelations in this episode confirm that the comedy aspects are far more tragic than funny. I never minded the sitcom homages at all, because I knew they were there for a reason, but although I guessed it was part of Wanda's past, I never knew it would be so heartbreaking.

And I haven't looked, but i bet the Vision and Scarlet Witch mini-series back issues have gone up as well.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• jwyblejr
        galactic yo-yo
        • Apr 6, 2006

Haven't heard anything about a Season 2. This is suppose to be a one and done series.

Comment

• drquest
          ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
          • Apr 17, 2012

Cool episode and make sure you stay past the credits!

Just saying...
          Danny(Drquest)
          Captain Action HQ
          Retro shirts and stuff
          More retro shirts
          Stuff For Sale

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
            Muddling through
            • Oct 4, 2008

i saw the post credit scene but not having read any of those comics i don't know what it means. great episode though. glad they fleshed out her backstory as they wouldn't have time in the movies for anything like that

Comment

• monitor_ep
              Talkative Member
              • May 11, 2013

white vision.jpgEvJfwSeXcAIBsfm.jpg

This white Vision is based on West Coast Avengers #42-44 and the Anti-Vision storyline from Marvel Comics. He was rebuilt without his ties to his emotional base.

Now if the show goes Anti-Vision than that will be a different story:
              It has been stated that this version is an evil version of the Vision. It should be noted that this is a very relevant aspect of this character. He has displayed severely delinquent behavior and taken obvious pleasure in the pain and discomfort of others. He has also shown much more emotion than 616 Vision, especially in the range of cruelty.
              Anti Vision.jpg
              Last edited by monitor_ep; Feb 27, '21, 10:32 AM.
              Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Random Axe
                The Voice of Reason
                • Apr 16, 2008

I'm pretty sure we're all going to be disappointed looking for a special appearance.

Bettany's quote about an actor he's admired all his life appearing likely he's referring to himself to throw everyone off. He says they share some sparks so I'm guessing both Vision versions battle it out. Then Wanda merges Vision's conscience into the newly created body that isn't being held together by chaos magic to bring him back to the MCU in reality.

There's no big bad guy to reveal, its simply Agatha and Heyward.

I fear all of the speculation and online theories, as fun as they are, were just that. I'm not anticipating a huge finale.
                Last edited by Random Axe; Feb 27, '21, 10:46 AM.
                I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• Blue Meanie
                  Banned
                  • Jun 23, 2001

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                  ^The revelations in this episode confirm that the comedy aspects are far more tragic than funny. I never minded the sitcom homages at all, because I knew they were there for a reason, but although I guessed it was part of Wanda's past, I never knew it would be so heartbreaking.

And I haven't looked, but i bet the Vision and Scarlet Witch mini-series back issues have gone up as well.

Chris
                  The Maxi Series has gone up more than the mini series. Especially issue #12 of the Maxi Series. To see the gains though in WCA # 45 is just ridiculous in my opinion. I think it gained about $100 over what it was selling for. This was a run that nobody cared about before...but now that it is tied to the TV series it's gone "stupid" IMHO. It's what really puts me off about today's so called collector. It's more about speculation than it is about actually reading the comic and enjoying the story. I resisted for years getting the Byrne run because he kind of has been a ****** in the last 10 years or so. Sometimes it's a good thing not to meet some of the people you admire in the comic industry. I've never met Byrne...but have heard just absolute horror stories about how he is in real life. I liken it to when I met Pete Townsend in person at a signing and he was a complete AHole. Put me off EVER buying any Who CD's...and I LOVE the Who...just not Pete. To this day I haven't bought any Who CD's or compilations.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Random Axe
                    I'm pretty sure we're all going to be disappointed looking for a special appearance.

Bettany's quote about an actor he's admired all his life appearing likely he's referring to himself to throw everyone off. He says they share some sparks so I'm guessing both Vision versions battle it out. Then Wanda merges Vision's conscience into the newly created body that isn't being held together by chaos magic to bring him back to the MCU in reality.

I fear all of the speculation and online theories, as fun as they are, were just that. I'm not anticipating a huge finale.
                    Elizabeth Olsen said there's a Luke Skywalker event in the finale so we will see.
                    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• monitor_ep
                      Talkative Member
                      • May 11, 2013

Alas since I have my connection from Comic Book stores I would have done the same thing. You cannot fault CBS for this. A throw-a-way comic book comes back & for those stores who have had it in there back issue bins they deserver some kickback. Heck I have that run in my boxes, but I am going to wait till the end to see how close it comes.

The West Coast Avengers run with the White Vision is next to go up.
                      Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• MIB41
                        Eloquent Member
                        • Sep 25, 2005

One has to wonder if all the tech used to reconstitute Vision will not be tied to a technological version of Tony Stark. Ultron was a manifestation of himself, so who knows whether Stark had a backup plan prior to the events in Endgame. He agonized over that decision to move through time at the risk of losing the life he had finally found for himself. I have to believe he came up with a contingency for a worst case scenario.

Comment

• hedrap
                          Permanent Member
                          • Feb 10, 2009

Originally posted by Random Axe

I think you're right. My guess is once her world comes down, she manifests into a more classic Scarlett Witch look and maybe X-Men Pietro survives into the real world. But I don't think MCU Vision is coming back. He's most likely going to sacrifice himself and white Vision will carry on without the connection to Wanda, much like what Byrne did in WCA.

It seems like the entire point of the series is what was speculated before, to act as a multiverse bridge for the Fox properties. The flashbacks showed she had a latent mutant ability which erases the Ultron origin. The Witch silhouette was her multiverse self we never saw in an X film. Harkness is a predominantly FF villain and she never explained where she conjured Quicksilver from...

At some point they need an introduction of Shaper of Worlds. That would connect Wanda/Strange with Eternals and allow things in the MCU to alter and absorb the Fox stuff.

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                            HULK SMASH!
                            • Apr 3, 2010

The final episode wraps things up sufficiently.
                            A couple of major thrill moments for long time Scarlet Witch fans (no spoilers).

(And be aware there are TWO mid/post credits sequences for this episode.)
                            PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                              Verbose Member
                              • Mar 7, 2004

I was happy the climax. It definitely brought the storyline of the show to a close, and set things up for the future, as the MCU always does. Lots of questions, but that's part of the fun. A very exciting finale!

Chris
                              sigpic

Comment

• pmwasson
                                Maker
                                • Sep 12, 2007

Wow, what a fun ride! The other marvel tv shows have a tough act to follow.
                                sigpic LaserMego

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎