X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

WandaVision

anyone watch the first 2 episodes? I thought it was quirky fun. i hope they start some action in the next episode though as it starts to wear thin.

thoughts?
  • Bruce Banner
    HULK SMASH!
    • Apr 3, 2010

A very intriguing start to the series. Looking forward to the rest of the season.
    PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• jwyblejr
      galactic yo-yo
      • Apr 6, 2006

Haven't gotten to the 2nd episode. Could barely make it through the first.

Comment

• Falstaff13
        Persistent Member
        • May 28, 2008

Enjoyed the first two--I agree they'll have to advance the plot soon before this wears too thin, but I think from the trailer there might be some more sitcom pastiche moments along the way.
        Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
        Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Comment

• pmwasson
          Maker
          • Sep 12, 2007

I really like it! I'm guessing that younger people who didn't grow up watching I Love Lucy and Bewitched might be a bit confused. I agree that it is a slow reveal but there were some moments, like "for the children", that were really creepy.
          sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

I don't have access to this, but it looks sooo appealing.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• YoungOnce
              Career Member
              • Aug 29, 2007

Yeah I liked it too... I think it’s pretty clever and you can easily see that they are setting up something pretty cool.

I’m glad they are trying a different kind of storytelling... Disney+ is a great place to take a few chances without a billion dollar movie budget.

I agree that the old tv show references will be mostly lost on younger people, but as for me (and most likely, many folks here), the shows they’re spoofing are very cleverly done. I think they have captured the feel of shows like Bewitched, Dick Van Dyke Show, I Love Lucy, etc...

It feels like the first show gave only a small hint at the end, and then by the second show the hints became much more overt... it feels like the mystery will open up pretty quick the way the pacing changed even between episode one and two.

Comment

• rche
                channeling Bob Wills
                • Mar 26, 2008

It is fun, but I agree that there needs to be a little more in the backstory or they will start losing audience. I am looking at it as sort of a Doctor Whoish, long story contained within the season of shorts.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                  Muddling through
                  • Oct 4, 2008

so are new episodes dropping on Friday's?

Comment

• Mr.Marion
                    Permanent Member
                    • Sep 15, 2014

If I had Disney + I'd be watching Mandalorian. No interest in this crap. I thought the Avengers movies were riding the break, I can't imagine how dull a mini-series based on b-listers would be.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

I'm curious--why the hostility?
                      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Mr.Marion
                        Permanent Member
                        • Sep 15, 2014

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                        Maybe I was harsh. For me there are only so many hours in the day, and this wouldn't be my pick . But I love watching Buck Rogers in the 25th century and that might not be someone's cup of tea.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                          Master of Fowl Play
                          • Jun 5, 2008

I don't usually consider time precious, but I always have some for escapism.

Comment

• Hector
                            el Hombre de Acero
                            • May 19, 2003

I liked the first episode, sort of a mixture of I Love Lucy meets Bewitched meets Truman Show meets Twilight Zone episodes, quirky, endearing, nostalgic, weird and funny.

But I’m sure something big is happening soon though, for sure...
                            Last edited by Hector; Jan 17, '21, 3:59 PM.
                            sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
                              Hi Ernie!!!
                              • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                              Because This is the Way with some posters. Its good so far, way better than watching Buck Rogers for the umpteenth time.
                              Last edited by thunderbolt; Jan 17, '21, 3:31 AM.
                              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎