Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Masters of the Universe Origins series 3 comparison pictures.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Rooted versus molded hair.

muoshera2.JPG

As long molded hair goes this is the best I've seen. The sculpt is nice, it's soft, pliable and light. MOTU Classics really did molded long hair poorly. They used rock hard plastic that was so heavy it was often challenging to balance and stand the figures.
    Last edited by Werewolf; Jan 21, '21, 4:42 PM.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

I've found wave 3 but not 2, bizarre. Love the new Mer-Man.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Werewolf
        Inhuman
        • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by PNGwynne
        Love the new Mer-Man.
        He is terrific. A perfect update.
        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Werewolf
          Inhuman
          • Jul 14, 2003

Battle Armor Skeletor vintage, commemorative and Origins.

muobaskel.JPG

Same as BA He-Man, the battle damage drum is smaller on the Origins figure. Also, like the new BA He-Man figure, BA Skeletor has a slot on his back to store his sword. The new shield accessory is cool but hard to clip on because of the fins on Skeletor's arm. I really like the extra vintage style head included and I will be using that for the first series Skeletor.
          Last edited by Werewolf; Jan 27, '21, 2:37 PM. Reason: fixed picture

Comment

• nvmbrsdoom5
            Persistent Member
            • Mar 1, 2005

Was able to pick up Roboto, Mer-Man, She-Ra and Zodac (my favorite) at Target this past weekend. I was pretty excited! Up to this point I've predominantly had to obtain the Origins figures via online ordering, so walking into the store and seeing all the different characters on the pegs was a very cool experience. Definitely brought back memories Thank goodness they've made these more available now besides just Wal-Mart!

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

^ I've found wave Three but not Two, so weird.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• ODBJBG
                Permanent Member
                • May 15, 2009

^ I've found wave Three but not Two, so weird.
                They're sending out an assortment of cases, so it's not as odd as it might seem.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

Well, they need to send some Wave 2 nearby, lol.

Comment

• Werewolf
                    Inhuman
                    • Jul 14, 2003

There's a variant with Battle Armor He-Man. Matte grey armor with painted boot straps vs metallic silver armor with unpainted boot straps. At first I thought it was US release vs European release but I got them both on US cards.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                      Verbose Member
                      • Mar 7, 2004

Nothing but tons of original He-Man and Skeletors in my area. I'm not sure we'll ever see any other waves around here.

Chris
                      sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
                        Inhuman
                        • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                        Nothing but tons of original He-Man and Skeletors in my area. I'm not sure we'll ever see any other waves around here.

Chris
                        I've got all of mine online.

Comment

• enyawd72
                          Maker of Monsters!
                          • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by Werewolf
                          There's a variant with Battle Armor He-Man. Matte grey armor with painted boot straps vs metallic silver armor with unpainted boot straps. At first I thought it was US release vs European release but I got them both on US cards.
                          There's a Battle Armor Skeletor variant also. Purple or black painted eye sockets on both Skeletor heads.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                            Master of Fowl Play
                            • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by Werewolf
                            Like a chrome variant, or just more silvery? I wonder why...

I have the purple eyes and gray-armor versions
                            Last edited by PNGwynne; Feb 27, '21, 12:08 AM.

Comment

• Werewolf
                              Inhuman
                              • Jul 14, 2003

Like a chrome variant, or just more silvery? I wonder why...

I have the purple eyes and gray-armor versions
                              Here's a quick pic. It's not chrome. Just really bright and silvery. The plastic of the sword is different too. Silvery plastic instead of gray.

muobasilver.JPG.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎