Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1980 Toys R Us Catalog (with video walkthrough)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

1980 Toys R Us Catalog (with video walkthrough)

If there is one thing I like collecting as much as toys, it’s catalogs, it’s why PlaidStallions exists in the first place and my personal favourite catalogue to find are these toy store newspaper circulars or flyers, I don’t care what you call them. They are time capsules, wonderful little moments into what toys were […]

More...
  • Mr.Marion
    Permanent Member
    • Sep 15, 2014

If you want your star wars fix there are other ads for that. But that Yoda is a winner. Love that PH Batmobile, that must've been the red box version that pops up online from time to time.

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

The original pre-frog Mr. Mouth game. I had that!
      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Falstaff13
        Persistent Member
        • May 28, 2008

In 1980, a Dracula or Frankenstein ran $6.87? I would have thought less, especially looking at the other prices.
        Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
        Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Comment

• Werewolf
          Inhuman
          • Jul 14, 2003

The video was well done. All I can think of is maybe add some trivia or commentary on some of the items on pages as they are shown.
          You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Mr.Marion
            Permanent Member
            • Sep 15, 2014

I had that football toy box. I also saw sorry! I can picture my grandma's face when I sent her home.

Comment

• VintageJoe70
              Veteran Member
              • Oct 12, 2016

Lets see....My sis had Alphie (attached Christmas photo of her from late 70s)...I remember a friend having Tin Can Alley...I had a few of the presto magix sets...Mom tried to get my sis and I into doing Latch Hook kits (wasn't my cup o tea)...And a neighbor kid had that exact yellow/black bmx bike with the yellow mags...Man I thought that was the coolest bike ever...I ended up with the bike that had the one shock absorber in the middle of the frame, remember that one?

12391180_10205519937265693_3750744338771989326_n by Matthew Peregoy, on Flickr
              https://www.flickr.com/photos/148083...57673799016342

Comment

• tay666
                Career Member
                • Dec 27, 2008

That was awesome!

I definitely want more!

Comment

• VintageJoe70
                  Veteran Member
                  • Oct 12, 2016

Stuff for kids was so much cooler in the 70s and 80s...all the kits for making things or art sets like spirograph.....I remember my brother having a set where you made real drinking glasses from old glass bottles....in fact, hen we cleaned out my parents house in 2016, my mom still had one of his homemade glasses in her kitchen...Mom's are great, they save everything....lol....

But my point was they don't offer those cool or interesting kits anymore...now a kid simply just needs a pc and google....
                  https://www.flickr.com/photos/148083...57673799016342

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                    Verbose Member
                    • Mar 7, 2004

Great video! I definitely want to see more of these, but I also want to be able to go to PS afterwards and take a longer look. Best of both worlds!

Chris
                    sigpic

Comment

• kisscash
                      Veteran Member
                      • Feb 7, 2006

The Reggie Jackson Bat Away was the standout to me. I have not seen that toy or said that sentence in 40 years. I loved that toy. More please.

Ca$h
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎