Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

It’s no worse than going through PayPal as far as getting your money. It’s there and you can set up the interval for payoff to your account. And yeah the government is coming into the picture but that’s something that has been a loophole for a long time with people running businesses through eBay. Just like sales taxes being collected it’s been a long time coming for this to happen.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• rykerw1701
      Persistent Member
      • Aug 27, 2007

Originally posted by thunderbolt
      It’s no worse than going through PayPal as far as getting your money. It’s there and you can set up the interval for payoff to your account. And yeah the government is coming into the picture but that’s something that has been a loophole for a long time with people running businesses through eBay. Just like sales taxes being collected it’s been a long time coming for this to happen.
      The part I'm not sure about is that what's sold on ebay isn't all profit. There's a cost of good sold that needs to be factored in. And oten we sell things at a loss just because we don't want them anymore. How do you prove what you spent on an item you've had for years?

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

I’m not selling at a loss. If the item won’t sell with a gain or some return then I don’t bother. I guess you could document that to demonstrate to the irs you operated at a loss.

Originally posted by rykerw1701
        The part I'm not sure about is that what's sold on ebay isn't all profit. There's a cost of good sold that needs to be factored in. And oten we sell things at a loss just because we don't want them anymore. How do you prove what you spent on an item you've had for years?
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• VintageJoe70
          Veteran Member
          • Oct 12, 2016

If the government wants to get their cut out of legit eBay businesses that make a lot of money that's fine...but I don't wanna get charged for the little bit I sell on there, I'm a casual seller not a business....ebay asked for my information I guess to send me the w-2, I told em no...
          https://www.flickr.com/photos/148083...57673799016342

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎