Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New eBay payment policy?

Images
    Blog Entries
    I will be out then. Thereís no way I am shipping an item out without money in my pocket. They just continue to shoot themselves in the foot.

Images
    It's not ideal for anyone except for eBay. For me I don't sell a ton, but I used Paypal as my play money account. I haven't linked anything to eBay yet, but probably will.

I've been using Mercari the past few months, and it's similar as noted earlier. You don't get paid until the item is in the hands of the buyer. They have 3 days to rate you, and then you get paid. If they don't rate you it's automatic payment after 3 days. They can deposit to your bank account or keep a running balance on Mercari to use to buy other things on Mercari.

Images
    Blog Entries
    I've been using paypal to pay for Hulu, pet supplies FTC purchases etc.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderbolt View Post
    I will be out then. Thereís no way I am shipping an item out without money in my pocket. They just continue to shoot themselves in the foot.
    It seems like most of eBays changes only benefit the buyer. To the point where the buyer has all the power in the transaction. I was balking at linking a bank account. I didn't even get to the part where they delay your payment.

I have a couple non-toy items that I need the larger ebay buyer-pool for. I am going to contact my bank to see what my options are for creating an account just for linking to ebay. Sell these items. And then close up shop. There are many ways to sell toys.

Images
    I only started selling off some comic books and old toys last year and went the eBay route. Now these changes...

Does anyone have a good recommendation for a better option to sell comics and toys? I always felt like eBay was the best way to get your stuff in front of the most eyes (and therefore get the best offers), but maybe the scales have tipped.

In order to keep shipping costs down, I'll often ship media mail, but if I won't get paid until after the books arrive, that could mean a week or two delay... yeesh...

Quote Originally Posted by YoungOnce View Post
    I only started selling off some comic books and old toys last year and went the eBay route. Now these changes...

Does anyone have a good recommendation for a better option to sell comics and toys? I always felt like eBay was the best way to get your stuff in front of the most eyes (and therefore get the best offers), but maybe the scales have tipped.

In order to keep shipping costs down, I'll often ship media mail, but if I won't get paid until after the books arrive, that could mean a week or two delay... yeesh...
    I asked that same question in a different thread, and the responses seemed to point towards FB groups. I am also clearing out some storage space and have a lot of different types of items that I want to sell. I don't really want to join 50 different FB groups and then try to keep up with all the messages for that type of selling.

Quote Originally Posted by Nostalgiabuff View Post
    well if enough people walk away from ebay they will switch back. i will not link my bank account to ebay. i didn't even do it for paypal
    Unfortunately that's just not realistic. Ebay is just way too big. It would take millions of people and that's not happening since most are already switched or switching. When you're the biggest dog in the yard, you get to the make the rules sadly. And since most other services do the same thing, there's just not a good alternative.

Of course many years ago, they forced PayPal on people too. You didn't used to have to have a PayPal account or even use one. Pretty much the only reason 99.9% of people have PayPal accounts is because Ebay made everybody get one lol.
    Last edited by ODBJBG; Jan 17, '21 at 5:32 AM. Reason: typo

I started posting and selling again very actively back in mid-August. Been cruising right along with managed payments since December - they give you the option of getting paid out daily or weekly. Iím loving managed payments vs PayPal. They take their fee as soon as the buyer pays and also deduct shipping costs from my available balance. I donít have to worry about transferring money from PayPal to bank or worry about did I use my available funds for shipping or did I charge it to my cc.

One thing I hated was getting a big bill at the end of the month for all of the eBay fees they didnít deduct immediately.

-Chris
    Last edited by megomania; Jan 19, '21 at 7:23 PM.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by megomania View Post
    They take their fee as soon as the buyer pays and also deduct shipping costs from my available balance.
    -Chris
    That's an aspect I'm not clear about. Did I read that eBay will not pay the seller until the item arrives? It seems to me like the fair thing would be that they wouldn't be paid until the seller is paid. I mean, as slow as the post office has been lately, and the fact that I have been mailing a lot of the comic books media mail to save everybody on shipping costs...

Quote Originally Posted by YoungOnce View Post
    That's an aspect I'm not clear about. Did I read that eBay will not pay the seller until the item arrives? It seems to me like the fair thing would be that they wouldn't be paid until the seller is paid. I mean, as slow as the post office has been lately, and the fact that I have been mailing a lot of the comic books media mail to save everybody on shipping costs...
    I sold 5 items on Monday and 5 yesterday. All of the funds are now available for payout. I believe the policy is the funds are moved from "processing" to "available" 1-2 days after generating a shipping confirmation number.

-Chris