Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: not liking ebay managed payment system

not liking ebay managed payment system

I took a pretty long break from selling on ebay, but have recently started selling again in order to clear out space in storage and declutter my life. I am now looking at what seems to me to be a pretty intrusive Managed Payment system that ebay states I must opt in for or I will not be allowed to list/sell on their site.

What other venues are folks selling on nowadays? Does ebay still command the largest audience for selling items, or are we sort of reverting back to days where the best place to buy/sell/trade collectables was to find a chat site or usegroup that dealt with such stuff?

Images
    I've been selling my extra figures on facebook in the mego mania group. There are over 7,000 members and a lot of regulars. I've sold probably 40+ figures there in the last year and have no problems yet. I only accept paypal as payment. If you list reasonable prices, most stuff sells within minutes to hours.

Honestly managed payments isn't a big deal. It actually ended up being slightly cheaper than paying Ebay AND Paypal fees.

Plus, people who don't use Paypal can now purchase from you. Our sales increased substantially once we started using it.

well - I don't really like the idea of connecting my personal bank account directly to the ebay system. I liked having PP as a buffer, tho I recognize that PP also had my account info. I am also not only decluttering toys, but photo gear, ephemera, ceramics, .... So, I don't really want to join a different FB group for each of those items. I have tried using FB marketplace for local sales and those have a tendency to get really weird.

Images
    Sellers aren't getting paid right away from Ebay. Just got a message from an Ebay seller that I won a lot of comics from. Paid them on Friday January 22nd and they are telling me they haven't gotten paid and asked if I had a problem in paying for the lot. I told them this :

"Payment was made on January 22nd through Paypal and it was authorized as a payment to Ebay the same day. Ebay is supposed to pay you from the payment that was received from Paypal. Being that you are a new seller, Ebay may be limiting how you get your payment. You might want to check with Ebay. Order was confirmed and this is the order number:

Don't know if that helps. I know Ebay has changed how sellers get paid recently through their managed payments program. I think anyone that sells now on Ebay has to go through the managed payment system. It used to be easy and Paypal would have the money in the account right away. Ebay is managing payments now and Paypal now pays them and they then pay the sellers less their fee. Other than that I don't know what to tell you."

And they aren't the only seller that I have heard that doesn't get paid the way they specifically answered the question "Daily or Weekly Payment" Ebay has taken a simple concept and complicated it because they want "The WHOLE Pie" Gonna be a lot of people jumping ship in my opinion. Used to be easy when the money went straight to the paypal account. Now you have to wait for Paypal to pay Ebay and then for ebay to pay you as the seller...and in the way that you asked to get paid. I guess they just don't want business anymore. Exploring other venues to sell stuff. Facebook is one option but there are others.
    "When not too many people can see we're all the same
    And because of all their tears,
    Their eyes can't hope to see
    The beauty that surrounds them
    Isn't it a pity".

- "Isn't It A Pity"
    By George Harrison

My Good Buyers/Sellers/Traders list:
    Good Traders List - Page 80 - Mego Talk

Images
    So this change hit me this week and I've spent the weekend working through it. I created a separate account for connect the new ebay payment system to so I can keep it away from my family accounts. I posted 2 auctions this morning and people opted for the Buy it Now on both. Got them shipped just after lunch so I can avoid a winter storm moving our way.

Right now I see no money in my account from ebay.
    Mortui Vivos Docent
    The Dead Teach the Living

Images
    Blog Entries
    Supposedly Ebay holds the money until its delivered and the buyer then has 3 days to leave feedback otherwise ebay just releases the money to the seller. THey still haven't nailed me on this one. Sellers aren't getting the money instantly anymore, but ebay sure ought to be notifying them that the item has been paid for.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderbolt View Post
    Supposedly Ebay holds the money until its delivered and the buyer then has 3 days to leave feedback otherwise ebay just releases the money to the seller. THey still haven't nailed me on this one. Sellers aren't getting the money instantly anymore, but ebay sure ought to be notifying them that the item has been paid for.
    I can confirm that hasn't happened on my most recent sales. I've been getting paid around 2-3 days after the sale and before the item has arrived to the buyer.

Ebay is just a joke these days, PayPal was immediate payment into your PayPal account, now it goes straight into your checking and with technology there days, I’m not certain it’s completely safe. There are scum bags from anywhere in this world that make a living of hacking into peoples personal info. Like that old saying, “if it’s not broken, don’t fix it”

Images
    Good to know. I'll keep and eye out and post when I get my money.
    Mortui Vivos Docent
    The Dead Teach the Living