X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Mego Willy Wonka: Mint Off Card Review

This week we pop a brand-spankin’ new Mego Willy Wonka off the card and let you see all the candy-like goodness! Vote for the 2021 MegoMuseum Kubby Awards here: Vote for your favourites in the 2021 MegoMuseum Kubby Awards! Get Toy-Ventures Magazine Here: http://www.megomuseum.com/odeon/store/products/ Get Toy-Ventures Issue 2 now! Subscribe to the MegoMuseum…

More...
  • RonnyG
    Career Member
    • Apr 23, 2014

Nice review! Thanks! I'm the opposite: I want all the characters from the movie (the Oompas, Charlie, Veruca Salt, Violet, etc.). It would be awesome, too, if they would make an old school Chocolate factory Vinyl play set. Hey, they did the Wizard of Oz playset, so why not Willy Wonka, too?? lol People like collecting the lines. Not just these "one-offs." I didn't purchase their recent Brady Bunch figures because they only did 3 characters--but if they made all of them, I would've collected the whole set!

Comment

• MIB41
      Eloquent Member
      • Sep 25, 2005

Wonka and Ultraman are the ones I most want from the latest offerings. I think they really nailed the likeness spot on with this character and will likely grab two (one for me and one for DJ). Great video!

Comment

• sprytel
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 26, 2009

It looks like you had a blast with the montage for this one. And I loved every second of it! Although now somewhere in my head canon, I'm considering the possibility that Wonka was actually a Time Lord and the Great Glass Elevator was his TARDIS. It would explain a lot, actually... it fits far better than that Snowpiercer theory... but I digress. I guess my point is... thanks Brian for the great review.

Comment

• Goblin19
          Talkative Member
          • May 2, 2002

Great video. Really looking forward to This figure.

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

Such a nice figure. I wouldn't begrudge an Oompa-Loompa.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• palitoy
              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
              • Jun 16, 2001

Thanks for watching everyone, I guess if I had to choose another figure an Oompa Loompa is pretty iconic and Slugworth of course, that man is all kinds of dreamy.
              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Barnabas Collins
                Veteran Member
                • Feb 15, 2010

Good review. Figure looks great.

Barnabas Collins

Comment

• Goblin19
                  Talkative Member
                  • May 2, 2002

I’m okay if this is the only figure, but would be happy with an Oompa Loompa as well.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                    Verbose Member
                    • Mar 7, 2004

Thanks for watching everyone, I guess if I had to choose another figure an Oompa Loompa is pretty iconic and Slugworth of course, that man is all kinds of dreamy.
                    I worked with a guy who looked just like Slugworth...and he was German to boot! Maybe he was related to the actor, since the movie was filmed in Germany...

Great video! I have Wonka on order, and can't wait to get him. I need two more for Froderic Fronkenstein and Jim the Waco Kid as well.

Chris
                    sigpic

Comment

• ODBJBG
                      Permanent Member
                      • May 15, 2009

Nice review. As I mentioned before there's a real 8th Doctor vibe with him and I noticed you posed him with the Tardis, so it felt even more like that!

Comment

• GlobalObserver
                        Persistent Member
                        • Aug 12, 2004

Loved the video. I actually chuckled a few times while watching it.

I'd love to see Mego produce The Child Catcher from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.

Comment

• palitoy
                          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                          • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by GlobalObserver

You've gone too far.
                          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• sprytel
                            Talkative Member
                            • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by GlobalObserver

It kinda exists!

Comment

• TheVintageToyKid
                              Career Member
                              • Jul 23, 2019

Now we just need Mego to make a Richard Pryor figure. He would go great alongside Gene Wilder.
                              "I thought they didn't allow no bathin' suits in here."

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎