Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Masters of the Universe Origins exclusive 35th anniversary She-Ra comparison pics

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Masters of the Universe Origins exclusive 35th anniversary She-Ra comparison pics

I usually don't care about packaging or bother to photograph it. I'm making an exception with this one. The resealable retro package is a big draw on this figure. The slide out tri-fold backing card has lovely vintage inspired artwork on one side and a comic on the other. Shown with my original She-Ra card back which I had kept all these years.

muosr1.JPG

Last edited by Werewolf; Jan 12, '21, 8:56 PM.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Vintage She-Ra vs 35th She-Ra. They didn't make a commemorative one, sadly.

muosr2.JPG

I'm impressed with the amount of fabric they used on this figure as well as the retail release. I do prefer the more elaborate skirt on the original figure. The thin sparkly mesh fabric used is close to the skirt that came with Starburst She-Ra. It also would have been nice had they used the same shiny fabric on the cape as the original. But that is more of nitpick than complaint. The jewels on the sword and figure are also painted on in comparison to the small inset rhinestones of the original figure.

The big differences between the 35th anniversary figure and the retail release are new head sculpt, rooted hair and more detailed face paint. The gold on the accessories are also very slightly darker. It's subtle but there. The retail release will also not come with the axe comb.
    Last edited by Werewolf; Jan 12, '21, 6:46 PM.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

She actually fits on the vintage Swift Wind better than the original figure due to the ball jointed hips and jointed knees. Really looks great on Swifty. I do hope they also make an articulated Origins Swift Wind.

muosr3.JPG

Last edited by Werewolf; Jan 12, '21, 6:47 PM.

Comment

• Werewolf
        Inhuman
        • Jul 14, 2003

I've noticed the softer head sculpt on the 35th Anniversary She-Ra is actually not too dissimilar to the vintage Spanish release. A neat bit a trivia about the Spanish POP releases is the gold paint doesn't darken or tarnish with age like the US releases.

muosr4.JPG

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

WW, the attachments are invalid.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Werewolf
            Inhuman
            • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by PNGwynne
            WW, the attachments are invalid.
            Ugh, I will redo them. Thanks for letting me know.

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

The first & last show, but not the others.

I want a new Swift Wind, too!!!
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Werewolf
                Inhuman
                • Jul 14, 2003

The first & last show, but not the others.
                Thanks, hopefully they are all fixed now.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

All clear, she looks good. I think I like the vintage head shape more, though.

Comment

• sprytel
                    Talkative Member
                    • Jun 26, 2009

While classic, the old head has more of a Topper Dawn sort of look to it... I think the new sculpt is more fitting for a lady of action.

Comment

• Werewolf
                      Inhuman
                      • Jul 14, 2003

I do wonder how deep they will go with the Princess of Power characters. Glimmer, Bow, Arrow, Kowl, Lookee, Hordak, Grizzlor, Mantenna, Catra and Clawdeen are shown in the art on the card back. As well as toy versions of the Crystal Castle and Fright Zone. We now know we are getting Hordak in the next wave and I'd say Mantenna and Grizzlor are likely a given. Crystal Castle is probably a long shot but I do hope we get the rest of the characters shown. Lookee has oddly enough shown up on two different packages now.
                      Last edited by Werewolf; Jan 12, '21, 8:52 PM.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                        Master of Fowl Play
                        • Jun 5, 2008

Lookee? No!--Kowl

Comment

• Werewolf
                          Inhuman
                          • Jul 14, 2003

Lookee? No!--Kowl
                          Maybe we will get them in a two pack like Classics? I can take or leave the original yes/no action feature but I do hope they give Kowl the soft velvety flock of the original toy.

Comment

• Werewolf
                            Inhuman
                            • Jul 14, 2003

Here's a scan of part of the card back. All the characters are based on the toy designs and not Filmation. That's why you get headband Bow with no moustache.

srcard1.jpg

Attached Files
                            Last edited by Werewolf; Jan 12, '21, 11:51 PM. Reason: Better picture

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎