X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Steve Lightle, RIP

One of my favorite artists who was sadly underrated has passed from cardiac arrest at the very young age of 61.

Classic Legion of Super-Heroes and Doom Patrol artist Steve Lightle has passed away at the age of 61 due to a cardiac arrest.

I wish Lightle had drawn more interior work, but his covers were nothing short of magnificent. My condolences to his family, friends and fans.

Chris
    sigpic
  • Blue Meanie
    Banned
    • Jun 23, 2001

I am friends with Steve on facebook and I just read about this on Steve's facebook page. I am absolutely STUNNED by this. He was fine the other day. I know his wife Marianne had just had surgery a few weeks ago and she had gotten through the surgery ok. Just at a loss for words. If there is anything as far as a Go Fund Me page to help out please let me know Chris. If I find out anything I will post here with information. RIP Steve.

Comment

• Mr.Marion
      Permanent Member
      • Sep 15, 2014

Man it seems like artists popular in the 90's are dying now . I mostly collect early bronze age, pretty soon all those greats will no longer be around to share their stories with the fans.

Comment

• Blue Meanie
        Banned
        • Jun 23, 2001

When DC tried to revive the Doom Patrol for the 3rd time, before the Vertigo imprint.

Comment

• MRP
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 19, 2016

I think my favorite Lightle work was the Red Sonja one-shot he did for Cross Plains Comics, a short-lived company that was trying to revive Howard in comics between Marvel and Dark Horse's tenures.

Aside from her introduction by Barry Smith, this is my favorite rendition of Sonja.

-M
          "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎