X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • powersthatbe
    Persistent Member
    • Sep 27, 2010

JSA animated movie coming?

I saw something on this on FB and just saw a still.Holey Moley,not an animation fan but would watch this. anybody have any details?
    Last edited by powersthatbe; Jan 7, '21, 6:50 PM.
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

My son was telling me about this just this morning.

Stana Katic and Matt Bomer headline the all-star voice cast for Warner Bros. Home Entertainment's Justice Society: World War II animated movie.

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
      Moderation Engineer
      • Aug 14, 2003

Fingers crossed. Seems to me it would make a better movie to include Spectre, Starman, Wildcat, Dr. Midnite, Sandman, Green Lantern......any of them over Aquaman, Canary, and Iris West. Iris West in the live action Flash is like too much syrup on my pancakes, so maybe that's dampening my enthusiasm. Normally I LOVE anything JSA

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

Dang, Hourman? I'm in, the designs are interesting and I'm quite fond of the JSA. I like Dr. Mid-Nite a lot, but I won't begrudge Black Canary in a similar role as a Batman replacement. Aquaman is a head-scratcher.

Pre-Crisis, I always looked forward to their annual JLA crossover.
        Last edited by PNGwynne; Jan 9, '21, 10:42 AM.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• monitor_ep
          Talkative Member
          • May 11, 2013

JSA World War II.jpg
          Justice Society: World War II stars:
          Stana Katic as Wonder Woman
          Matt Bomer as The Flash
          Elysia Rotaru as Black Canary
          Chris Diamantopoulos as Steve Trevor
          Omid Abtahi as Hawkman
          Matthew Mercer as Hourman
          Armen Taylor as Jay Garrick
          Liam McIntyre as Aquaman
          Ashleigh LaThrop as Iris West
          Geoffrey Arend as Charles Halstead/Advisor
          Keith Ferguson as Dr. Fate and Darin De Paul as Roosevelt

Pre Crisis allstarsquadron.jpg
          Now I am glad to see that DC Comics is showcasing there first Super Hero team the Justice Society Of America. In Stargirl, Black Adam and now this animated movie. I hope that Aquaman is the yellow gloved version. I am confused to why Iris West is mentions and not Joan Williams-Garrick.
          Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

yeah don't get the Iris thing either, but love the art sample, nice departure from the anime style that was a turn off for me.
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

Iris West--didn't click with me until Monitor mentioned Joan. Bizarre.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

I am impressed that this seems to be Batman free.
                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                  I am impressed that this seems to be Batman free.
                  Fine with me.

Anyone know who did the character design?

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                    Fine with me.

Anyone know who did the character design?
                    I'm fine with it too. Just seems like all the DC stuff manages to either be Batman based or he manages to get in there somehow. The Iris thing really leaves me scratching my head. Did they want a reporter character and not want to use Lois Lane?
                    Last edited by thunderbolt; Jan 9, '21, 6:24 PM.

Comment

• powersthatbe
                      Persistent Member
                      • Sep 27, 2010

I think i read the animation is akin to Archer.

Comment

• jwyblejr
                        galactic yo-yo
                        • Apr 6, 2006

Everyone is confused by Iris,I'm confused with the part of the list that has one voice actor for Jay Garrick and a different one for The Flash. Does that mean Barry Allen will be showing up or something else?

Comment

• PNGwynne
                          Master of Fowl Play
                          • Jun 5, 2008

Perhaps a cosmic treadmill is involved...

Comment

• MRP
                            Persistent Member
                            • Jul 19, 2016

Originally posted by jwyblejr
                            Everyone is confused by Iris,I'm confused with the part of the list that has one voice actor for Jay Garrick and a different one for The Flash. Does that mean Barry Allen will be showing up or something else?
                            Originally posted by PNGwynne
                            Perhaps a cosmic treadmill is involved...
                            Perhaps since it's a WWII period piece, they are using a framing sequence/flashback with Iris West and Barry Allen telling the story of the JSA in WWII to someone (or each other). A way to give audiences an in to the story from a familiar characters' POV.

And wasn't there some wacky Iris West time-travel shenanigans in pre-Crisis continuity where she was sent into the past and then lived in the future at some point? Perhaps the movie is picking up on that bit and playing with it. There's a lot of possibilities where it makes sense and until more details than just a voice cast are released we really won't know, so it's all just pointless speculation at this point.

-M
                            "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• monitor_ep
                              Talkative Member
                              • May 11, 2013

Yeah I just read way too many webpages on this and it leads to Barry Allen/Flash & Iris West either time traveling or talking/intervening Jay Garrick about being the first Flash.

Now you also have to remember that yellow gloved Aquaman would team up with the JSA and towards the end All Star Squadron.
                              Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎