Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Death of the Planet of the Apes

Images
    Blog Entries
    Indeed. I enjoyed some of the Murray books a great deal.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

As a kid, Beneath was so forbidding that I found it disturbing, but as a teenager and adult it became my fav in appreciation of its oddities and darkness… the Empire Strikes Back of the Apes.

I don't consume much of the new fiction either, but do have a few books in the to-read-pile with the artwork of Conspiracy having sucked me in. I suppose after recently reading Rinzler's impressive book, everything else is going to be somewhat disappointing for a while.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Confessional View Post
    As a kid, Beneath was so forbidding that I found it disturbing, but as a teenager and adult it became my fav in appreciation of its oddities and darkness… the Empire Strikes Back of the Apes.

I don't consume much of the new fiction either, but do have a few books in the to-read-pile with the artwork of Conspiracy having sucked me in. I suppose after recently reading Rinzler's impressive book, everything else is going to be somewhat disappointing for a while.
    are you referring to the making of book he put out a couple years ago?

^^ Yes, the 2018 tome of original film knowledge!

I stumbled on Death last year sometime and it was a great read.

I read both Conspiracy and Death about two years ago. I liked how the author explained what really happened to Landon. Also, the books explained more about Milo, who he was and how he rebuilt the space ship. The first POTA movie I saw was Escape in the theatre when it came out in 1971. Milo gets killed so early in the movie, you never really knew anything about him.

OK,a little confused is this book(s) set in the Heston Universe or the Galen/Verdon/Burke universe???? I love the tv show much more than the films and i would love to read the continuing adventures of the TRIO. Also are there more books with stories featuring Alan, Peter & Galen??

Quote Originally Posted by Nostalgiabuff View Post
    "Finally the truth is revealed. Beneath the irradiated wasteland, the astronaut faces the deadly wonders of a gleaming city and its inhuman citizenry. On the surface the gorillas--led by General Ursus--launch an all-out assault to exterminate the savage animals known as humans.

And out in the desert, the chimpanzee scientist Milo strives to reconstruct the spacecraft that brought the humans from the past. Events spiral at a breakneck pace, with the fate of a world at stake."

anyone read this? I just finished it. great read. really filled in a lot. written by the same guy that wrote Conspiracy on the Planet of the Apes. I love that he even brought in Alan Verdon. i hope he writes some more

Images
    it's set in the Heston universe. Alan Verdon is in this book though. there were supposed to be more books in the series so not really sure where he was going with it. alternate timeline? i am not aware of any books continuing the TV series

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge Galvan View Post
    OK,a little confused is this book(s) set in the Heston Universe or the Galen/Verdon/Burke universe???? I love the tv show much more than the films and i would love to read the continuing adventures of the TRIO. Also are there more books with stories featuring Alan, Peter & Galen??
    I believe the anthology book "Tales from the Forbidden Zone" has a story based in the TV series universe.

There's some good TV series fan-fiction out on the Internet if you do some searching.

Also, the UK television annuals have some original stories featuring the fugitives, there was a series of comics in the 70s from Argentina that featured the trio (but some of those stories are pretty far out), and for your listening pleasure, Power Records had four original APES stories put out on an LP in 1975-I would imagine these must be posted online somewhere by now-They're actually quite good and capture the spirit of the TV series. "Volcano" is my favorite of the four.

^^ Available here, along with many wonderful things: https://pota.goatley.com/powerrecords.html