Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MegoMonk
    Career Member
    • Jan 22, 2007

I read both Conspiracy and Death about two years ago. I liked how the author explained what really happened to Landon. Also, the books explained more about Milo, who he was and how he rebuilt the space ship. The first POTA movie I saw was Escape in the theatre when it came out in 1971. Milo gets killed so early in the movie, you never really knew anything about him.

Comment

• Jorge Galvan
      Career Member
      • Jun 8, 2015

OK,a little confused is this book(s) set in the Heston Universe or the Galen/Verdon/Burke universe???? I love the tv show much more than the films and i would love to read the continuing adventures of the TRIO. Also are there more books with stories featuring Alan, Peter & Galen??

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
      "Finally the truth is revealed. Beneath the irradiated wasteland, the astronaut faces the deadly wonders of a gleaming city and its inhuman citizenry. On the surface the gorillas--led by General Ursus--launch an all-out assault to exterminate the savage animals known as humans.

And out in the desert, the chimpanzee scientist Milo strives to reconstruct the spacecraft that brought the humans from the past. Events spiral at a breakneck pace, with the fate of a world at stake."

anyone read this? I just finished it. great read. really filled in a lot. written by the same guy that wrote Conspiracy on the Planet of the Apes. I love that he even brought in Alan Verdon. i hope he writes some more

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
        Muddling through
        • Oct 4, 2008

it's set in the Heston universe. Alan Verdon is in this book though. there were supposed to be more books in the series so not really sure where he was going with it. alternate timeline? i am not aware of any books continuing the TV series

Comment

• apes3978
          Permanent Member
          • Nov 19, 2005

Originally posted by Jorge Galvan
          OK,a little confused is this book(s) set in the Heston Universe or the Galen/Verdon/Burke universe???? I love the tv show much more than the films and i would love to read the continuing adventures of the TRIO. Also are there more books with stories featuring Alan, Peter & Galen??
          I believe the anthology book "Tales from the Forbidden Zone" has a story based in the TV series universe.

There's some good TV series fan-fiction out on the Internet if you do some searching.

Also, the UK television annuals have some original stories featuring the fugitives, there was a series of comics in the 70s from Argentina that featured the trio (but some of those stories are pretty far out), and for your listening pleasure, Power Records had four original APES stories put out on an LP in 1975-I would imagine these must be posted online somewhere by now-They're actually quite good and capture the spirit of the TV series. "Volcano" is my favorite of the four.

Comment

• Confessional
            Maker & Whatnot
            • Aug 8, 2012

^^ Available here, along with many wonderful things: https://pota.goatley.com/powerrecords.html

Comment

• TrekStar
              Trek or Treat
              • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by Confessional
              ^^ Available here, along with many wonderful things: https://pota.goatley.com/powerrecords.html
              Thank you for that link, is there a link for the book & record Star Trek series?

Comment

• megoapesnut
                The name says it all!
                • Dec 3, 2007

Originally posted by Jorge Galvan
                I love the tv show much more than the films and i would love to read the continuing adventures of the TRIO.
                There is a series of videos of Galen musing about his time with Burke and Verdon. They were shot as opening teasers for some "movies" that were made by stitching episodes of the TV show together. As a fan of the TV show, you might be interested in viewing those, if you haven't already.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎