Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Thread: Question About New Trek Bodies

Question About New Trek Bodies

I think this may have been discussed but I couldn’t find it.

Is it possible to easily remove the boot/lower leg from a New Star Trek body and swap them with the lower legs on a Hendrix or Ali body?

I think the boiled water method works to remove and replace them.

Thank you.

Tried the boil and pop method on the New Mego body lower legs and it worked fine. I didn’t have time to swap and reattach the legs yet.

Are the pins intact when you do it? Sounds like good project to work on. Hope the pin goes back in place. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberiusguy View Post
    Are the pins intact when you do it? Sounds like good project to work on. Hope the pin goes back in place. Thanks
    The pin came out with the leg piece and it also stayed in place and had to be removed but it did come out undamaged. I hope to try reattaching the legs soon. I am hoping that extreme heat will soften the knee pin enough to make it easily slip back in to place.

I've done it and the pin is one piece and doesn't have to be heated. Just heat the leg pieces really well and you shouldn't have any trouble.

I was curious as, I’d seen a restringer on YouTube needing to use a FTC replacement.
    Any recommendations for BBP legs? They are a different knee joint. Or just cut the neck peg and swap bodies? I was considering switching out the whole leg...

Quote Originally Posted by LonnieFisher View Post
    I've done it and the pin is one piece and doesn't have to be heated. Just heat the leg pieces really well and you shouldn't have any trouble.
    Thanks for the tip! ��