X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

Voice actors' iconic portrayals

Has a specific animated incarnation of a character stuck with you over the decades--whose voice pops into your head when you hear a name or read a comic?

For me--barring the the excellence of Alan Oppenheimer's Ming and Skeletor--one of the most persistent is Stanley Jones' Lex Luthor. I thought he was perfection, he is the character for me.

Other personal favorites?
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

Mark Hammel as Joker. Casey Kasem as Shaggy and as Robin. they guy that voices Optimus Prime(can't think of it)

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

Arleen Sorkin owns Harley Quinn. And yeah Hamill's Joker too. WB should just go ahead and give him a whirl as the live action Joker. Clancy Brown's Luthor is pretty perfect.
      Last edited by thunderbolt; Jan 2, '21, 7:25 PM.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Werewolf
        Inhuman
        • Jul 14, 2003

Definitely Peter Cullen as Optimus and Alan Oppenheimer as Skeletor.
        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Wee67
          Museum Correspondent
          • Apr 2, 2002

Great topic!

I gotta go with Kevin Conroy in Batman The Animated Series. It helps that I think BTAS is one of the best representations of Batman in any TV or film. Add the already mentioned Sorkin and Hamill and you get an overall great series.

And yes, Peter Cullen as Optimist. Suck it, Judd Nelson. Yeah, I'm still bitter.
          WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

Yes, BTAS remains awesome. I think very highly of Paul Williams, in any medium.

I'm not a fan of Transformers, but that is a great voice.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

Andrea Romano deserves so much credit for the success and legacy of BTAS and all the Timm-verse shows through Justice League. Her casting was always spot-on, from Kevin Conroy as Batman to Clancy Brown as Lex Luthor and Nathan Fillion as the Vigilante, and all points in-between.

Peter Cullen's Optimus Prime definitely elevated the entire Transformers series with his voice. There's a reason a generation of kids were scarred by his death in Transformers: The Movie!

I have to give a shout-out to Paul Soles as the original Peter Parker/Spider-Man in the 60s animated series. He played off the old Bud Collyer Clark Kent/Superman vocal switcheroo. I still hear his Spidey voice in my head to this day when reading a comic.

Chris
              sigpic

Comment

• glimpy
                Loco Chango
                • Feb 5, 2012

Casey Kasem & Daws Butler for me
                Last edited by glimpy; Jan 22, '21, 6:27 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎