Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wee67
    Museum Correspondent
    • Apr 2, 2002

Nice. These figures are quite charming and full of 70s goodness!! Be warned, though, they can also be addictive!! The loose figures suck you in with their simple charms and the next thing you know BANG- you're selling plasma to get enough scratch for a carded Cap.
    WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

Charming is a good description. I vividly recall them from my childhood--WGSH and apes--and back then I felt like Mikey and disdained them. But this little Aquaman makes me smile now. What more can I, now "adult", ask from a toy?

Wee, I think I could go down the rabbit-hole like that with Comic/Pocket 4" figures. Chris--love a good toy rescue tale.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• glimpy
        Loco Chango
        • Feb 5, 2012

Right on! I love them
        sigpic

Comment

• AncientAlien
          • May 30, 2021

Good Day All.

I just signed up to the group because I was curious about the Bend 'n Flex batgirl I came across.

So, she was made in Hong Kong in 1974. Doing my research I only found 1 online and nothing else.

I assume, from other comments, these can be repainted?

Comment

• TrekStar
            Trek or Treat
            • Jan 20, 2011

Welcome to the museum family, I check periodically on ebay for Bend ‘n Flex figures loose and carded, some can be a bit pricey and loose ones usually need a cleaning and painting upgrade. Yes they can be repainted, but I’m not sure the best paint brand to use? you want to make sure the paint you use does not stay sticky or get dry and flaky.

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

I would assume acrylics, but I have not retouched mine.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Corndog
                • Apr 30, 2021

Very cool! the only Bend n flex figure I have is a robin that I got in a yard sale about two years ago.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Jan 19, 2008

I would think the best paint would be for vinyl, like upholstery paint. The stuff used for car seats and such.

Vinyl paint is a water-based paint containing vinyl plastic that is designed to stick to surfaces such as siding, floors, plastics and seat covers. The vinyl paint soaks into the surface of the material, becoming part of the original surface. Most vinyl paint is opaque and does not easily come off the surface.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎