X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

I got my first Mego Bend 'n Flex!

Nabbed a very nice bendy Aquaman. Smaller than I recall, and one arm-wire is broken. But it cleaned up beautifully, with only a small paint rub on his nose-tip.

I like the sculpting and especially the colors: lime green & marigold.

I doubt if I'll collect more Bend 'n Flex, but a few Comic Action Heroes beckon. I don't want to get carried away, because I've continued with Mego 1/6 figures.
    Last edited by PNGwynne; Jan 1, '21, 6:23 PM.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.
  • TrekStar
    Trek or Treat
    • Jan 20, 2011

I would like to pick up one or two Bend ‘ Flex! myself, hoping for a Shazam carded if possible or a nice and clean loose one, how I wished mego did the Bend ‘ Flex! for Star Trek, they did it for the POTA series but not Trek, curious to know why?

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

Congrats.
      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Goblin19
        Talkative Member
        • May 2, 2002

Congrats. Haven’t picked up a vintage figure in quite a while. It always feels good.

Comment

• Mr.Marion
          Permanent Member
          • Sep 15, 2014

Mego bendies are hard to find mint loose. I think Catwoman was the last one I got 4 years ago.

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

Yes, I think I was very lucky regarding condition. I'm pretty picky and I'm satisfied. I was surprised after I washed it.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• apes3978
              Permanent Member
              • Nov 19, 2005

Originally posted by TrekStar
              how I wished mego did the Bend ‘ Flex! for Star Trek, they did it for the POTA series but not Trek, curious to know why?
              That is a good question-You'd think that ST would have been a perfect candidate for the Bend 'n Flex treatment.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

But didn't Mego Trek debut the year after B&F? After all, the second Apes Mego wave didn't get bendies, nor did later heroes & villians. Mego move on to comic Action for lower-price-point figures.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                  Muddling through
                  • Oct 4, 2008

i only have the soldier ape b&f. i really never cared for this type of toy, though some of them are pretty well done

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

I feel similarly, but I'm building an Aquaman-centric sub-collection and am glad I got one of him.

Comment

• apes3978
                      Permanent Member
                      • Nov 19, 2005

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                      But didn't Mego Trek debut the year after B&F? After all, the second Apes Mego wave didn't get bendies,
                      I'm not sure of the year the bendies were originally released, however, Galen from the second wave of APES figures was supposed to have been released as a bendie, at least according to the artwork on the back of the APES bendies. Of course we know it'd be the same one as Cornelius, but that's beside the point

Comment

• PNGwynne
                        Master of Fowl Play
                        • Jun 5, 2008

Oh, IDK--is it Galen and not Corny on the card?

Edit: Aha, I see the name shift in the gallery.
                        Last edited by PNGwynne; Jan 2, '21, 12:54 PM.

Comment

• Mikey
                          Verbose Member
                          • Aug 9, 2001

I still remember seeing Mego's WGSH bendies in the store (K-mart) for the first time.

Was kinda disappointed after un-packaging them and realizing they were basically a rich man's drug-store wriggler toy.

As a kid, I didn't see much play-value and chucked them in the toy-chest

Comment

• ScottA
                            Original Member
                            • Jun 25, 2001

I need Riddler to have at least one of each character either carded or loose. For some reason I can never find him.
                            sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                              Verbose Member
                              • Mar 7, 2004

Congrats!

I got my first Mego Bend N' Flex circa 1984, when I was in 4th grade. Some kids at school came up to me and one said "We found this in a creek out behind me house. We know you like Batman. Do you want it?"

It was the Mego Bend N' Flex Batman, and I had never seen it before. I never knew Mego ever made these, as they had come and gone by the time I was aware of anything.

I still have that creek-rescued Batman in my collection. I actually only have him and two Robins!

Chris
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎