Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Custom Accessory 80's CRT One day Build.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ddgaff1132
    Persistent Member
    • Oct 3, 2007

Custom Accessory 80's CRT One day Build.

Hello and Happy New Year to ALL!!!
    I've been wanting to do a one day build or custom and see if I could manage. So I was looking thru my donar bits and found an old Christmas ornament I found years ago. It originally was a tree ornament that has a hole in the back to poke a Christmas Light to illuminate it.

IMG_0916.jpg

I wanted to make the light source completely internal. I have many bits from Dollar tree light to spare and most will fit into the case.
    So I salvaged a Light source from a Dollar tree Book light. A micro switch from a tea light and a battery holder from the same Book light. I soldered all the bits together and stuck the switch out the hole in the rear. ( the hole were you inserted the Christmas tree light.

IMG_0917.jpg

The screen is a simple computer print job on plain paper and glued to the rear of the screen with glue stick.

IMG_0922.jpg

Light bleed thru the ornament is an issue but a little black paint on the inside of the case will stop that. I'm also gonna retry to print a more detailed screen image but I will need a better printer to get finer detail.

All in all, not a bad custom accessory for One days work. And Luke get to check his e-mail!!!
    Check out my picture library of Mego-ish compatible vehicles with ID data.
    MEGO MOTORS
  • apes3978
    Permanent Member
    • Nov 19, 2005

Pretty cool.

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

Great job!
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• sprytel
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 26, 2009

Very neat. I think the quality of the print works to your advantage... it gives it a very "early '80s computer resolution" look to it.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎