Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ever remember something nobody in the entire WORLD remembers ?

Images

Ever remember something nobody in the entire WORLD remembers ?

Grew up in a relatively small town --- very Mayberry-ish

We had a diner everybody called "a greasy spoon"

Later in the 80's it became a custom furniture wood shop.

Today it's a car repair garage.

Now, I can't find one person in this world that remembers it being a diner including people that should remember it that grew up back in the day with me.

Sometimes I think i'm cracking up (to the modern generation - cracking up means going crazy)
    .................................................. .......................

Images
    You can't make it to the age you must be without already being a big crazy. There was an old fashioned shake shop in the town I grew up in. Like your diner, I'm the only one that remembers it being there.
    Heart of Glass was my secret identity.

Maybe you slipped through an alternate parallel dimension. Happens to me all the time.

Images
    Sounds like a Twilight Zone episode.

That's something.

Have you experienced a moment in Time, when all diners had stuffed pasta shells on their menu?

I don't know if anyone remember the store Gee Bee's, but one became a Giant Eagle grocery store.

It was either Gee Bee's or Zayre that had a really cool green tank toy,
    that also opened up as a carry case for three-and-three-quarter-inch action figures.

There are probably a few things that disappeared over the decades.
    ---------
    Happy New Year!

Hmm, a Mandela effect in action perhaps?

-M

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ODBJBG View Post
    Maybe you slipped through an alternate parallel dimension. Happens to me all the time.

I've lost track of a department store!

I lived for a year in Morrisville, PA in an apartment complex called Penn Park. Across the street was a Clover department store. Clover was the cheaper sister store of Philly' Strawbridge & Clothier dept store chain. I distinctly remember the store because I was busted by the store detective for stealing micronauts around '78 (police were not involved, but one ****ed off scary mom was).

A few years back I went back to the scene of the crime, or what I thought was the scene. There was the apartment complex, now called the Commons at Fallsington and apparently no longer section 8 housing. Across the street, there was a large, flat rectangular one story commercial building but it was now a storage facility. It also didn't mirror the orientation I remembered OR have what used to be a supermarket next to it, as I remember Clover having. A police car pulled up to my car, suspiciously loitering in the parking lot to see what I was doing. He was older and said he'd been a cop for 30 years and had no memory of this being a Clover. (Strawbridge's and Clover both went out of business in the 2000's)
    WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

When I was six years old, I was kidnapped by a bigfoot and held for ransom. For 16 days, that smelly apeman kept me held up in a cave until my dad finally arrived with the ransom demand, a half gallon of Neapolitan ice cream, a transistor radio with extra batteries, and a 12-month subscription to Penthouse magazine.

Nobody in my family remembers this unsettling even but me.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Wee67 View Post

…………….. Across the street was a Clover department store. Clover was the cheaper sister store of Philly' Strawbridge & Clothier...……… )
    One thing I always loved about Clover was (yes their normal prices were high) but when they did a clearance they almost gave everything away.

My local Clover in Easton PA sold marked down boxed with book Trek Picard 12" Playmates figures for $9.99 apiece

Unfortunately that was $9.98 more than their actual toy-market collector's wanted value

I am suck a sucker
    .................................................. .......................

Quote Originally Posted by GlobalObserver View Post
    When I was six years old, I was kidnapped by a bigfoot and held for ransom. For 16 days, that smelly apeman kept me held up in a cave until my dad finally arrived with the ransom demand, a half gallon of Neapolitan ice cream, a transistor radio with extra batteries, and a 12-month subscription to Penthouse magazine.

Nobody in my family remembers this unsettling even but me.
    That happened to you TOO?! I wonder if it was the same bigfoot or if this is just something they like to do.