X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

another easter egg

Missed this one, the janitor who was cleaning after hours when Superman when flying by is wearing a Superman ring.
    Superman ring.jpg
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
      Moderation Engineer
      • Aug 14, 2003

You guys have me sold - I am going to give it a try. You make it sound way better than I ever expected. I haven't like this version of Superman much more than Hector.

Comment

• knight errant00
        8 Inch Action Figure
        • Nov 15, 2005

I liked, and I'll give it some more episodes (I'm still worried the Berlanti-verse writing staff will fall back into the story habits that they've always managed to in previous series).

That said, I liked Hoechlin in his first appearance on Supergirl and it seemed it was the material he was given and the way they scripts chose to play him subsequently that really created the weak Superman he became quickly in his subsequent appearances (I mean, in that first story we got to see Superman and the Martian Manhunter fight Metallo and it was actually pretty cool -- steep decline after that, though).

Originally posted by Mr.Marion
        I liked the first episode. Although the timeliness is a little off, when did Clark have time to already have teenagers?
        So I think the problem here is Lois -- if they had an older actress (40-ish) who looked like the mother of twin 14-year-olds, they could kinda play to the idea (that they hinted at in the pilot) that Clark doesn't age like a human, and there could be some tensions/plot points/story opportunities in that.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
          Eloquent Member
          • Jan 19, 2008

I didn't hate it like I thought I would. I'll keep watching.

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

Lonnie has posted two "likes"!

Teasing...
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

(Oopsl double post)
              Last edited by PNGwynne; Feb 26, '21, 6:10 PM.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

I'm hoping to see this after reading this thread. Is this streaming or regular TV?

I cannot tell you how much the mention of Max Mencken pleases me, I love that musical!

Comment

• Hector
                  el Hombre de Acero
                  • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by EMCE Hammer
                  You guys have me sold - I am going to give it a try. You make it sound way better than I ever expected. I haven't like this version of Superman much more than Hector.

I’m not watching it, I’m not watching it, I’m not watching it...

Damn it, must resist, must resist, must resist...

sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

I liked Tyler Hoechlin in Teen Wolf, and he looks good in the suit. Since I did not watch Supergirl, I"m not prepared to dismiss him out of hand any more than Cain or Welling.

Comment

• monitor_ep
                      Talkative Member
                      • May 11, 2013

I would challenge you to watch it. Without commercials it is only 1 hour and 3 minutes long. Because the flash backs actually fill in the beginning of Superman/Lois it works better. The only crossover that has been mention is Diggle going to Metropolis and he as a shiny green item to talk to Superman about.
                      Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Hector
                        el Hombre de Acero
                        • May 19, 2003

Damn it, I watched this first scene video out of curiosity, and I must admit, it’s not half bad...

Hoechlin still facially doesn’t look like my type of Superman, but he’s invoking this earnest likable Chris Reeve-type persona.

Darn it, I said I was never going to watch it, I must resist, I must resist...

sigpic

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                          Eloquent Member
                          • Jan 19, 2008

Just give in and watch it.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                            Hi Ernie!!!
                            • Feb 15, 2004

HEctor at least watch it before you hate it
                            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                              Muddling through
                              • Oct 4, 2008

that intro actually was pretty good. maybe if I get bored i will give it a shot

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                                Eloquent Member
                                • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                                I'm hoping to see this after reading this thread. Is this streaming or regular TV?

I cannot tell you how much the mention of Max Mencken pleases me, I love that musical!
                                It's on TNT tonight.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎