Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

I have to admit, I'm liking this show. Thought I would hate it...

Comment

• monitor_ep
      Talkative Member
      • May 11, 2013

After last night reveal my head is still spinning. Just who is Morgan than. There are so many possibilities:
      *Halk-Kar
      *Knor-El
      *Zod
      #Eradicator

Superman_v.1_80 (1).jpgSuperman_v.1_200 Knor-El.jpgHouse_of_Zod.jpg
      Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• monitor_ep
        Talkative Member
        • May 11, 2013

Well tonight the did reveal that the peprson who was going by Morgan Edge was indeed Superman's half-brother. It gets confusing and is not in any comic book so there you are.

They did introduce some version of the Eradicator...

I need to rewatch the episode weds to get all the info.
        Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

Comment

• monitor_ep
          Talkative Member
          • May 11, 2013

Tonight's episode will be filled with plenty of flashback scenes so strap in and enjoy classic Superman

Superman & Lois s1 ep1 (11)b.png
          Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

Finally got to catch back up with the show after they came back from their break. My family and I have been binging it and sat through the last three episodes last night. We're hooked. This is a great show, and it was swerved in just the right places, and stayed the course in others. I'm hoping they are going to give us another swerve and things aren't quite what they seem after last week's ending. Loved the retelling of a good chunk of Superman the Movie in this one, with their own spin, especially on how the Lois/Clark relationship developed. Very refreshing.

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

• C.H.O.A.M.
              learning all the time
              • Sep 15, 2010

Originally posted by Hector
              Ok, I finally gave in and watched the first episode...

Thoughts?

I was pleasantly surprised.

While I still have to get used to Tyler Hoechlin as Superman a bit more, he’s earnest, kind, caring, and even flawed. He gives depth to the character. He’s a good actor too. The Lois Lane actress is pretty good too. I like her a lot more than Amy Adams.

I was actually shocked as to how good the special-effects were. These are near big budget movie quality. They make the Supergirl show look like a Sid and Marty Krofft Saturday morning kids show in comparison.

I even like the introduction of the teen sons. Having said that, I rolled up my eyes when they first discovered that their pop is Superman and reacted the way did did. I guarantee you 99% of teens would’ve said; HOLY SHIAT, OUR DAD IS FRIGGIN SUPERMAN, HOW AWESOME IS THAT???”

Anyway, yes, I liked it. Yes, I’ll keep watching.

And yes, I’m eating crow right now...

P.S. One warning though. If they bring in the Arrowverse crap into this series, I’m out. I don’t want to see Supergirl show up and telling Superman’s kids that she’s stronger, faster, better, smarter, and blah, blah, blah than their father. I swear, I will smash my flatscreen, I swear...

(as the kids say) "Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?"
              does this mean you'll give Smallville a chance someday?
              while far from perfect (mostly it ran a few seasons too long and it was on the WB) Smallville was overall very good and I would highly recommend it to any Superman fan. a great cast and a ton of interesting takes on the classic mythos.

Comment

• boss
                Talkative Member
                • Jun 18, 2003

Season 1 gets a big thumbs up!
                Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                  Verbose Member
                  • Mar 7, 2004

Great first season for sure. My family really enjoyed the ride. I do have some questions about the finale, though:

SPOILERS

Why didn't that big Red K explosion weaken Superman? Wouldn't he have been out to long to save John?

Why not just use some Green K on these guys? John could have made him Superman a lead suit or something.

I was kind of hoping Jonathan would show at least a hint of powers, but they may want to save that nugget for a later season, if ever.

Besides those nitpicks, it was great!

Chris
                  sigpic

Comment

• rykerw1701
                    Persistent Member
                    • Aug 27, 2007

I just finished up season 1 a few days ago. I had very low expectations for this show, but came away quite impressed. It mostly stayed away from the CW cheesinesss, such as too much teen drama, poor effects and and bad acting. I thought Hoechlin was lousy on Supergirl, at least the little I watched of that show. But he proved it was the writing, not him. I like that's he's a bit older than Superman is often portrayed, He's no George Reeves mind you, but he's no Superboy, either. I like that they updated characters and incorporated a more diverse cast without it looking like that was the main objective, with story second. Good actors in good parts.

I look forward season 2. I think it's best thing CW has done since the first couple of seasons of Arrow, and so far I like it better than those.

Comment

• KnightDetective
                      Veteran Member
                      • Aug 31, 2012

Forgot this was back on tonight. Caught the last five minutes by accident. Was looking for the remote to turn away from the "Super-son's" teen melodrama when... did I just see who I think I saw? And did he just say "emoh"?

Still not quite as bright and fun as I'd like it to be, but good enough that I'll probably catch up eventually. Would love an occasional episode with the feel of those "Fleischer" suit scenes!

Not aiming this at S&L particularly, but does every fantasy show really need to have a underlying sense of dread and impending doom? Bad behavior and poor decisions? Is that supposed to make it "adult" enough that you're not embarrassed to admit you watch? Watching the helpless Flash and friends get stalked by omnipotent speedster / super powered serial killers every season became akin to torture.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                        Verbose Member
                        • Mar 7, 2004

I have watched episodes 1 & 2 of Season 2 so far, siince we watch them on the CW streaming app on our Roku (it's free). So far, so good, and it looks like they are setting up for something I wasn't sure they'd do, but they have almost all the components in place for a certain famous Superman storyline that happens to have it's 25th anniversary this year. Hmmm....
                        sigpic

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                          HULK SMASH!
                          • Apr 3, 2010

Was expecting one well known Superman villain, only to get an even more classic one!
                          Last edited by Bruce Banner; Jan 27, '22, 11:30 AM.
                          PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                            Eloquent Member
                            • Jan 19, 2008

This episode was pretty great.

Comment

• KnightDetective
                              Veteran Member
                              • Aug 31, 2012

Beware the internet!

I went looking for a brief synopsis to catch me up and ran smack dab into "spoiler" pics from later in the season. Nothing really unexpected, I guess, but I would like to have discovered those easter eggs while watching the episodes so I could go "whoa"! Should be some happy campers! Will definitely watch. Not my favorite storyline, but I'm interested in their take on it.

Comment

• Random Axe
                                The Voice of Reason
                                • Apr 16, 2008

I'd always been kinda curious about this one. I think Tyler is maybe my second favorite Superman as far as appearance since Reeve. He really looks the part to my eyes. Our CW signal quality locally is abysmal so I generally don't watch anything from them. It looks like I'd have to pay Prime 25 bucks per season? I've already got HBO Max, Disney and Hulu. I seriously don't need to add Vudu or whatever the crap they are. But, I'm intrigued by the premise of the show...
                                I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎